April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

We want to buy ~150 points direct (already own 100 resale points at BLT) and are considering these incentives vs waiting for Poly. Before MB, at 150 points:
-Riviera - $29,700, expires 2070
-Old Key West - $24,750, expires 2057

It is a $4950 difference. Seems like we'd go Riv if we bought this cycle given the 13 extra years, lower dues, and location. Any arguments for OKW instead?
I'm in the same boat - an argument against OKW is that it expires 2057, whereas you'll still have 3 years of BLT left...so that would be 3 years without direct benefits. This is why OKW is a dealbreaker for me as GFV/CCV resale owner.

We want to buy ~150 points direct (already own 100 resale points at BLT) and are considering these incentives vs waiting for Poly. Before MB, at 150 points:
-Riviera - $29,700, expires 2070
-Old Key West - $24,750, expires 2057

It is a $4950 difference. Seems like we'd go Riv if we bought this cycle given the 13 extra years, lower dues, and location. Any arguments for OKW instead?
Keep in mind, that if you do MB at OKW, you will be selling back the 2024 points.
According to my guide they only have Feb and March UY available.

I believe the year thing is for financing. After one year you’re automatically approved for the best rate with no checks.
Thanks. I just got a second resale deal accepted so luckily (or hopefully) I won't be tempted. I probably have bought more points than I know what to do with.

So if you need Feb-April use year, you don’t get extra points but if you need a use year after that you get 2023 points?
MB has you selling back the current UY of points. Feb to April are currently in their 2024 UY already so 2023 points no longer exist.

If my math is correct, with our new re-sale membership this would put:
  • VDH at $189/point with MB
  • AUL at $174/point with MB
We have a June UY so we would get 2023 points. Would we be on the hook for the 23 maintenance fees too?

I just spoke with my guide and maybe there is a catch I haven't figured out, but he said we don't pay dues on the 2023 points, even if we don't do MB.
I apologize, you're right. I read that wrong. Yeah, if you keep the 2023 points you don't pay dues. If you take the MB you do pay the prorated amount is my understanding.

I just spoke with my guide and maybe there is a catch I haven't figured out, but he said we don't pay dues on the 2023 points, even if we don't do MB.
You don't pay 2023 dues because it is currently 2024. Dues are based on the calendar year, not UY.

For example, someone buying an April UY (in 2024 UY - no 2023 points) and a Dec UY (in 2023 UY - full 2023 points) will pay the same amount of dues if they both buy today.

Keep in mind, that if you do MB at OKW, you will be selling back the 2024 points.
According to my guide they only have Feb and March UY available.
What is your UY? There was a lot information coming out about VGF like this last year where some UYs that would get the current UY points miraculously didn't exist.

OKW is "sold out" so those points may truly be limited, but I would wait and hear other scenarios from other guides. If you have something like a Dec UY I would imagine DVC would still want to match you.

Oh I didn’t realise that! So you pay dues for 23 points and the pro rata dues for 24??

Dues would be paid starting the month of purchase, regardless which UY. Buying today, 8/12ths of the 2024 yearly dues would be paid. A purchase on July 1st would pay half this year’s dues.

Both would pay full year dues come January 2025.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter