April Incentives - What Are Your Predictions?

With OKW, I wonder if they might consider allowing MB for somebody already had an existing UY outside Feb or Mar.

Could be another advantage of buying resale first then adding direct.

We want to buy ~150 points direct (already own 100 resale points at BLT) and are considering these incentives vs waiting for Poly. Before MB, at 150 points:
-Riviera - $29,700, expires 2070
-Old Key West - $24,750, expires 2057

It is a $4950 difference. Seems like we'd go Riv if we bought this cycle given the 13 extra years, lower dues, and location. Any arguments for OKW instead?
No. Not with what I think dues will do in the long run. At 200+ I think it’s a harder call. At 300+ I think Riviera is nearly off the table. But at 150 I’d say go with whatever you want more.

Some strange advice on here regarding direct dues
You would pay 9 months dues if you bought today regardless
Exactly. Dues and annual point allocations all have nothing to do with each other.

You will owe dues if you use MB. You will owe dues if you don’t use MB. It doesn’t have any impact.

2023 points are a bonus if you buy a UY May or later. You will get 1 more year of points than someone buying a Feb-April UY.

If you keep them you owe Disney ~9 months of 2024 Calendar Year dues.

If you rent them back for MB you still owe Disney ~9 months of 2024 Calendar Year dues.

Just as If you rent them to DVC Rental Store you also owe Disney ~9 months of 2024 Calendar Year dues.

No. Not with what I think dues will do in the long run. At 200+ I think it’s a harder call. At 300+ I think Riviera is nearly off the table. But at 150 I’d say go with whatever you want more.
Just to be clear, you expect OKW dues will continue to rise substantially?

So, now that the incentives are similar for the resorts,,,in terms of same price per point off, I wonder if they will let people buy different resorts and get the higher discount?

They did that in summer 2020 with RIv and CCV. Maybe RIV and CFw?
yes please, give me CCV direct for NOT 250 lol

Keep in mind, that if you do MB at OKW, you will be selling back the 2024 points.
According to my guide they only have Feb and March UY available.
I believe they recently made a change that allows DVD to change the UY of points they sell if needed. If I had to guess, they only want to sell Feb/Mar points to avoid giving "free" 2023 points, but if you insist on another UY to match your current one they will typically agree if it means losing the sale otherwise.

Does anyone have current experience using a new Disney Chase Visa card to balance transfer? I see they offer 6 months interest free for specific Disney vacation packages, but I don't see anything about DVC qualifying.

Does anyone have current experience using a new Disney Chase Visa card to balance transfer? I see they offer 6 months interest free for specific Disney vacation packages, but I don't see anything about DVC qualifying.
I believe DVC direct qualifies but resale does not

I clicked some more links and found this on the Visa page. This might be a big day for me. Low-budget resale gal, finally goes direct. Hoping everything falls into place.

INTEREST RATES AND INTEREST CHARGES
Purchase Annual Percentage Rate (APR)19.24% to 28.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a
0% Promo APR for the first six months following the purchase date on select Disney vacation packages or purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort, provided your account is not past due on the purchase date.d After that, 19.24% to 28.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a

Keep in mind they can split the payments up into 3 payments - and you can spread that out over 90 days if you use your Disney Visa for a Direct Purchase.... So, that buys you in a certain way up to 9 months to pay off the contract. We actually just did that, which was great! Especially with interest rates in savings accounts the way they are right now!

Some strange advice on here regarding direct dues
You would pay 9 months dues if you bought today regardless

To add to this, resale treats dues differently and usually suggest buyers should pay for points they are getting vs calendar year.

I believe they recently made a change that allows DVD to change the UY of points they sell if needed. If I had to guess, they only want to sell Feb/Mar points to avoid giving "free" 2023 points, but if you insist on another UY to match your current one they will typically agree if it means losing the sale otherwise.

While they can do that, they can’t create points out of thin air. If they only have Feb and March which are in their 2024 UY, they can’t change those to a later UY and then create 2023 points.

Now, if they have June UY points and someone needs an Aug UY, they can make that adjustment since both are still within the 2023 UY.

Has anyone done the per point cost for Riviera at 150 and 200 points including welcome home and magical beginnings? I can't math y'all.
Here's where I'm landing w/ my RIV math assuming you can take advantage of WH and MB...I'm on my phone so this could be off...

150 | Base: $33750 (150 @ $225) - Incentive $2550 (150 x $17) - WH $1500 - MB $3000 (150 @ $20) = $26700 ($178 p/p)
200 | Base: $4500 (200 @ $225) - Incentive $3400 (200 x $17) - WH $3000 - MB $4000 (200 @ $20) = $34600 ($173 p/p)

Last edited:
I clicked some more links and found this on the Visa page. This might be a big day for me. Low-budget resale gal, finally goes direct. Hoping everything falls into place.

INTEREST RATES AND INTEREST CHARGES
Purchase Annual Percentage Rate (APR)19.24% to 28.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a
0% Promo APR for the first six months following the purchase date on select Disney vacation packages or purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort, provided your account is not past due on the purchase date.d After that, 19.24% to 28.24%, based on your creditworthiness and other factors. These APRs will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.a

Keep in mind they can split the payments up into 3 payments - and you can spread that out over 90 days if you use your Disney Visa for a Direct Purchase.... So, that buys you in a certain way up to 9 months to pay off the contract. We actually just did that, which was great! Especially with interest rates in savings accounts the way they are right now!
We did this last year when we bought direct and are in the middle of it again right now. Charge #2 is happening tomorrow on our Disney Visa. We were even able to use a non Disney Visa card for the first charge, I have a 12 month no interest offer on that card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter