April nights in the parks, chilly?

Maggie The Cat

Mouseketeer
New to Florida in April.

Late April, I know it can be warm during the day, but do you need a light jacket at night?

Trying to pack less for this trip.

Thanks.

I'm thinking shorts and a long sleeve top or my lightweight rain jacket I'm bringing anyways should be enough.

No pants or sweaters! Except jeans I wear on plane.
You'll more likely want shorts and short sleeve tops, with the rain jacket as a second layer after the sun goes down. At least, bring some short sleeves, or be prepared to spend some of your souvenir budget on Disney tees!

You'll more likely want shorts and short sleeve tops, with the rain jacket as a second layer after the sun goes down. At least, bring some short sleeves, or be prepared to spend some of your souvenir budget on Disney tees!

I meant the long sleeve shirt in addition to my summer clothes.

I usually wear a light weight sweater in the morning in early April, late April I'm o.k. in the mornings. I still need something as night all April, usually I'm o.k. with just a long sleeve shirt. I usually take one pair or leggings just in case but I don't think I've ever had to wear them. As long as my arms are covered up I'm usually o.k. But, I'm from Georgia so anything below 70 and I'm cold.

We were there in April of 2021 and it was hot! Evenings were very warm. But it could easily be cool that time of year. As others suggested, keep an eye on the forecast and bring a light jacket or sweater and pants just in case.

I think it would depend on where you're coming from. If you're coming from somewhere that is still relatively cold/still gets snow in April, it's going to feel pretty warm even in the evening. I know coming out of winter where we're from, you're in shorts and a t-shirt if it gets close to 50*F

We were there late April 2022...it was very warm. No way we needed long sleeve anything. We're from NY for reference..

I think it would depend on where you're coming from. If you're coming from somewhere that is still relatively cold/still gets snow in April, it's going to feel pretty warm even in the evening. I know coming out of winter where we're from, you're in shorts and a t-shirt if it gets close to 50*F
I’m from NY and I’m definitely not in shorts/tshirts in 50* weather. 😂

I do think it’s warmer in the sun, and then night feels cooler because there’s no sun. I had to buy a hoodie down there because I didn’t pack one

We went early May last year & I remember being chilly in short sleeves watching Enchantment one evening. Having a rain jacket would have been sufficient though, so if you plan to bring that you should be fine with shorts & short sleeves during the day.

I definitely keep a light weight, long sleeve shirt/jacket in my park bag in April. I'm usually cold in the morning and again in the evening when the sun goes down. I would especially recommend something if you plan on using the Skyliner at the end of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter