APs and Resort guests can now upgrade their magicband

Ok, here’s a new wrinkle to the debacle. I ordered upgraded bands the afternoon of the 20th. I ordered four upgrades and one plain blue. I received the confirmation email for exactly what I had ordered, however, about two days later my husband’s Pirates band showed as a plain yellow band (the color he had selected prior to the upgrade) in MDE, so I didn’t know what I would be receiving. My bands came today and I did indeed receive a yellow band for him. Now here’s the wrinkle. I also received an email today from ShopDisneyParks that part of my order could not be fulfilled as ordered due to it being sold out and that I would receive a plain grey band and would not be charged the upgrade fee. Also, they were giving me a code to get $15 off an upgraded band to order through ShopDisney and a code for free 2-day express shipping! So I can still get the upgraded band, just without his name in it.

And, oh by the way, the upgraded band he ordered originally is available on ShopDisney. Go figure.
Same exact scenario here

And, oh by the way, the upgraded band he ordered originally is available on ShopDisney. Go figure.

That's why I don't understand the part about being sold out. From what I can tell, all the bands offered under the special deal are available in ShopDisney, for the regular price of 24.99.

That's why I don't understand the part about being sold out. From what I can tell, all the bands offered under the special deal are available in ShopDisney, for the regular price of 24.99.
Not all of them. When I went out to order mine only about half of the ones originally available were on there.

Ok, so this is what happened to me as well. Ordered, showed as pending for days and days but no confirmation of shipping. Pending charge fell off and never was charged, so I figured they just dropped the order...bands showed up today just as ordered and my card was not charged at all and the pending is still gone?

Would they just give them free because of all the trouble with the rollout? I'm not going to complain! :rolleyes1

Also, trip isnt until early September.

I have no idea, but I've had the bands for a week now and still no charge.

Still no charge to my card for my original order of 2 bands. I only received one upgraded one (Toy Story), and the other was the original solid purple I had picked prior which is fine. Received an email yesterday with a code number to order a band from ShopDisney with a $15.00 credit and free shipping! Woohoo!

DH has his email to say here’s $15 towards one but we live in the UK so not sure how the shipping will work to us.
Guess it’s another call to Disney to ask.

I did a chat the other day regarding the missing band and received my email today with the code to use for $15 off plus free shipping. So at least they are making it right.

I got both of my sets of upgraded bands for my upcoming split stay and they only charged me for 1 set. The other charge dropped and never showed up again. It does show all of our bands being active in MDE.

Anyone else in the situation where you received an incorrect band but did NOT receive an e-mail??

Yes. Our bands came in today, two are correct, but one (mine) is plain gray. I did not receive any email about the one I selected being out of stock, or a coupon code. I just emailed shopdisney, so hoping that they provide me a coupon code & I can order an upgraded band.

I apologize if this has been addressed. I didn’t read the entire thread. Do you not receive luggage tags with the upgraded bands? My order was correct- 3 plain bands and the snack band. We got the 3 matching luggage tags for the plain colors we ordered, but not one for the upgraded band. I’m just curious if this is normal or just a mistake. Thanks!

DH has his email to say here’s $15 towards one but we live in the UK so not sure how the shipping will work to us.
Guess it’s another call to Disney to ask.
I'm from Australia, they won't ship internationally. You have to have it sent to your resort for pick up. We're not going until September so I can't order mine until about 2 weeks before our trip. I can't have a package sitting at the resort for 3 months.
I just hope the ones we want are still available when we need to order them in August.
I guess they will have had time to restock by then and know the demand so hopefully have ordered a lot more than usual.

Yes. Our bands came in today, two are correct, but one (mine) is plain gray. I did not receive any email about the one I selected being out of stock, or a coupon code. I just emailed shopdisney, so hoping that they provide me a coupon code & I can order an upgraded band.

Ironically, my email came a couple hours later. We received our bands Tuesday I think so there is hope!!

I apologize if this has been addressed. I didn’t read the entire thread. Do you not receive luggage tags with the upgraded bands? My order was correct- 3 plain bands and the snack band. We got the 3 matching luggage tags for the plain colors we ordered, but not one for the upgraded band. I’m just curious if this is normal or just a mistake. Thanks!
I just got my orders today. We have a group of 11. 10 got th special bands and no luggage tags. Only the plain one came with a luggage tag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter