AP's to get 20 FP+ per quarter

Are you all kidding? Do you know how many times during the average visit to the parks that my kids skip attractions because the lines are long & we have an opportunity to return at a later date? How many times they have bowed out to make room for others who may only be having their one & only lifetime trip? Do you realize how much we spend in the parks & hotels when we ARE lucky enough to visit often? Why should they have to make constant concessions to tourists because we live geographically closer? They shouldn't but they do because they have manners & gratitude. They are CHILDREN & they wait 5 years between APs in order for us to be able to afford them & the other associated costs.

We have no more guarantees of a happy & healthy tomorrow than any other person so it's absurd to think we have unlimited opportunities to visit .. & since many of us WORK in order to afford to provide our families with AP, it's not like we can all just skip off to the Magic Kingdom because it's Tueday & we have nothing better to do.

We are ALL tourists at Disney World, regardless of WHERE you live the rest of the time. Just my humble opinion. Flame away...

And you will realistically never exceed using 20 FP+ per quarter. A quarter is only 3 months.

With this proposed FP+ AP system do Annual pass holders get an optin to use 20 FP+ passes per quarter or use a standard FP in the park?

The more I hear about this FP+ the more I question what it is intending to help us do. If I can book my FP for Soarin for 10AM but then I cannot use any other fast passes the rest of the day it sounds like I'm loosing out.

IF AP holders have to use the FP+ system then Disney has removed them from the standard in park Fast Pass system.

Is Disney trying to trick people into using the standard in park fast passes less?

FP and FP+ are mutually exclusive. The terms specifically say you cant use both - they have allowed it during testing, but the intended use is one or the other. Paper tickets and APs have to be converted to the RFID, at first it's voluntary, eventually it's mandatory.

And this is not because FP will continue to exist. This is to cover the period when FP and FP+ both exist - which will be relatively short. Do not expect there to be ANY regular FP for ANYONE by the end of 2013.

Note: Rides that are FP+ now that didnt offer regular FP before will NEVER offer regular FP.

And you will realistically never exceed using 20 FP+ per quarter. A quarter is only 3 months.

Ummm... not true. If you go for a week in the summer you only get FP's for 5 days and then your entire quarter is blown.

What don't you get?

I'm still waiting for the statistical backing of most APH's only going 13 days per year.

Ummm... not true. If you go for a week in the summer you only get FP's for 5 days and then your entire quarter is blown.

What don't you get?

I'm still waiting for the statistical backing of most APH's only going 13 days per year.

You cant argue away the truth of what's going to happen - and this is going to happen. Whether you believe it or not is up to you.

Bottom line--at least while both are offered--is you have to choose between pre-planning with x number of FP+s or winging it with y number of FPs. I'm not sure the relationship between x and y matters much to me, it's still the planning my day down to the hour months in advance that I have trouble getting "excited" about.

I don't see how anyone could postulate that the FP+ system would be simpler, regardless. That's a bit of a negative as well.

You can appropriately plan to stay at a WDW resort and buy a day-ticket for any FP+ you want beyond the 20 you'll be allotted per quarter.

That's fair, no?

I guess my frustration would come in when I book 10-day or two-week trips at a Disney resort. So instead of getting the four FP+ reservations per day that a normal resort guest would get, I'm stuck making my AP-allotted 20 reservations work for those 10 or 14 days.

With this proposed FP+ AP system do Annual pass holders get an optin to use 20 FP+ passes per quarter or use a standard FP in the park?

The more I hear about this FP+ the more I question what it is intending to help us do. If I can book my FP for Soarin for 10AM but then I cannot use any other fast passes the rest of the day it sounds like I'm loosing out.

IF AP holders have to use the FP+ system then Disney has removed them from the standard in park Fast Pass system.

Is Disney trying to trick people into using the standard in park fast passes less?

There were rumors on a previous FP+ thread that Disney was gearing up to get rid of the regular FP system completely. That was the first time I'd heard that RUMOR. These are all just rumors, nothing more. So we can debate the hypotheticals, but Disney has announced nothing yet.

There were rumors on a previous FP+ thread that Disney was gearing up to get rid of the regular FP system completely. That was the first time I'd heard that RUMOR. These are all just rumors, nothing more. So we can debate the hypotheticals, but Disney has announced nothing yet.

I'm not a mod on this board and so I say this as user. NOT as a moderator.

The "APs vs. Tourists" argument is not just premature. It's like buying the cart before you even know what a horse IS.

There's a lot of unknowns here.. and while some folks are dead sure this is our future, until I see a press release with the mouse ears at the top, it's all just he said/she said. Lots of things get tested at Disney and see major changes or go live to the public & turn out to be a major flop. (LightMagic anyone?)

Maybe we can all keep that in mind.

And now back your regularly scheduled sniping....

mousermerf said:
The system is broke. It gives these superusers the ability to ride an attraction 3-4 times in a day with a 5-10min wait while a tourist only rides once with a 2 hour wait. That is why it is being changed.

Baloney, the super user as you call them is an extremely small % of fast pass users, heck I'd say the Uber planners we have here are a small% of wdw. I'd bet if a person grabs a fp & still waits 2 hours then they misunderstood how the fp was supposed to work.

Baloney, the super user as you call them is an extremely small % of fast pass users, heck I'd say the Uber planners we have here are a small% of wdw. I'd bet if a person grabs a fp & still waits 2 hours then they misunderstood how the fp was supposed to work.

That doesn't eliminate the complaints from these guests that d wait times are too long and they couldn't get a FP.

Talk about first world problems eh?

I agree we should wait for official word.

I remember visiting when it was JUST Magic Kingdom and there was no FP. Anyone else remember waiting at least an hour for It's a Small World? More for Jungle Cruise and Pirates? Space Mountain forget it.

Conversion to a RFID pass (required for FP+) is permanent and specifically excludes use of regular FP. The terms clearly spell this out on the WDW website.

Please provide a link where these terms are "clearly splled out"

So is Disney. ;)

Again please provide link

The system is broke. It gives these superusers the ability to ride an attraction 3-4 times in a day with a 5-10min wait while a tourist only rides once with a 2 hour wait. That is why it is being changed.

What is a "superuser"?

Interesting comments and speculation .
I will watch this development with interest :)

Most AP holders only visit 13 days in a year.. You're way above the average.

ROFL we are too we were there 42 days the first year we had APs - haven't even counted for this year.....

20 per quarter not great but if we could still get regular FP that would work.

Already provided the link.

I looked at the link you provided about My Disney Park Experience. It didn't really give any information; seemed to be more about a Privacy Statement and how they can use your information if you sign up.

ROFL we are too we were there 42 days the first year we had APs - haven't even counted for this year.....

20 per quarter not great but if we could still get regular FP that would work.

You can't. It is either or.

FWIW I would HARDLY call us superusers of FP. I can't even remember the last time I pulled one. It is having the option removed that irritates me.

So say I go 40 times this year and I want to get ONE FP per visit ~ I can't do that. I can only get FP's on 20 of those days provided they don't overlap quarters. So a week off of school that we go each day and then we are out of FP's for three more months. Meh.... that doesn't seem right.

mousemerf seems to presume a LOT of information about us local APH's that would be incorrect.

We also dine at Disney right about once a week.... usually at a sit down place so some of our visits constitute walking through the gate... dropping $100 on dinner and walking out. Add the admission for the family of four and boom... dinner cost us $140.00.. Tell me again how we don't spend as much as a family that vacations once a year... I'd love to hear more about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter