• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aquaduck - how long is the wait and when's the best time to ride?

ghtx

DIS Veteran
I have heard about long lines for the Aquaduck, but how long are we talking about? If I go mid-day during a sea day (which is I am assuming when it will be busiest), how long will I have to wait? 10 minutes? An hour?

Also, when is the best time to go (to minimize waiting in line)? Right in the morning when it opens? During dinner/lunch?

I have heard about long lines for the Aquaduck, but how long are we talking about? If I go mid-day during a sea day (which is I am assuming when it will be busiest), how long will I have to wait? 10 minutes? An hour?

Also, when is the best time to go (to minimize waiting in line)? Right in the morning when it opens? During dinner/lunch?
On at at sea day, an hour possibly. What time is your dinner seating?

We are doing the early seating (5:45). We have kids, and we probably won't go swimming after dinner. But maybe.
That is BY FAR the best time to go, after dinner. No lines at all. If you can find time for just thirty minutes. It's great. Just curious, which ship are you going on?

That is BY FAR the best time to go, after dinner. No lines at all. If you can find time for just thirty minutes. It's great. Just curious, which ship are you going on?
Dream, June 2, 5-night CC-double-dip cruise. Thanks!

We found, during the day, the wait was usually closer to half an hour, but 45-60 minutes is not unusual. The wait time is posted right at the beginning of the line, and is FAIRLY accurate. We often had our swim suits on, so whenever we happened by and saw the line was shorter, (like 15 minutes or less) we could jump on until we had our fill.

We actually plan one night each cruise where we skip the MDR and Aquaduck is one of the reasons.

What's the wait like on embarkation day? I've only done the classics but will be on the fantasy in two weeks. AD looks fun but I can't imagine waiting more than 10 minutes for it.

What's the wait like on embarkation day? I've only done the classics but will be on the fantasy in two weeks. AD looks fun but I can't imagine waiting more than 10 minutes for it.

When we did it on the Fantasy, even on embarkation day, the line was longer than 10 minutes. If fact there were plenty of other times that were shorter.

Having said that, we still enjoyed doing it embarkation day, just bring along a family member you enjoy spending time with. My 14 YO son and I had a great time talking about the new ship and looking down on the sail away party down below while we waited. Not a bad way to warm up to the new ship at all. We ended up riding it a couple times that day.

DS raced up to the Aquaduck after we were done on Castaway Cay and said he was able to ride it 4 times before having to come back for early seating. We didn't leave the island until at least 3:30, so the waits couldn't have been that long.

DS raced up to the Aquaduck after we were done on Castaway Cay and said he was able to ride it 4 times before having to come back for early seating. We didn't leave the island until at least 3:30, so the waits couldn't have been that long.

Exactly what I was going to say. On our Fantasy cruise, when we got back to the ship after CC, my daughter and her tablemate friends rode it over and over (probably 20 times in a row) without any wait. We were some of the last ones to leave CC. We did have late seating though, which made it easier to spend time at the Aquaduck before dinner.

Exactly what I was going to say. On our Fantasy cruise, when we got back to the ship after CC, my daughter and her tablemate friends rode it over and over (probably 20 times in a row) without any wait. We were some of the last ones to leave CC. We did have late seating though, which made it easier to spend time at the Aquaduck before dinner.

Riding the AquaDuck while the "other" half of the ship is at dinner is great timing, but it also means that you have to skip the show for that night. Just wanted to make that clear for the OP.

My son and I rode several times back-to-back on the last night. Matter of fact, we were the last ones to ride on that cruise. I'm sure everybody was packing up, which is why it was so empty.

We have been to many of the ports so we either don't get off or come back very early. Great time to ride then. Or on castaway cay day when we come back early.

The best times to ride Aquaduck tend to be (in somewhat best to still ok):
- When ship is in Castaway Cay
- Port days while ship is in port
- During dinner seatings
- If the weather is cool/cold
- When it opens

We were able to ride it in that 3-4:30 time while at Castaway Cay with a 5-10 minute wait at most. Did 3 in a row in under 30 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter