Aquatica double-tube rides?

travelgirl06

DIS Veteran
I’m considering doing Aquatica worth DD5 and DD12, but need help with logistics. Obviously for family rides we can all go together, but what about other tube slides? Do most offer a double tube (DD5 won’t be comfortable doing a big slide alone) and if double tubes are available can you also fo
Down in a single tube (or as one person in a double)?

Any tips or tricks for doing the park with kiddos these ages? We’ll be going in late August.

Riptide Race, Omaka Rocka, Tassie's Twisters and Whanau Way all have double tubes available - there may be others as well but those are the only one I know 100% have doubles. Some of those also have single tubes available, but even if they don't you can still go down them solo in a double tube (or at least you could the last time I was at Aquatica).

However note that some of the steeper slides say that you have to be 48" to ride alone, or you can ride as a duo if you're between 48" and 42" but one of the riders has to be older than 14, so that would mean your two kids couldn't go in the same tube. Rules on the less intense slides are a little more lenient just saying that anyone under 48" can ride as long as they're wearing a life jacket.

Perfect! This is exactly what I was hoping to confirm! I’ll let them both know I may have to ride with the 5YO on some, as she’s just over 42”. Hopefully the two of them can ride together on some of the less intense ones. As long as we’re all able to wait in line together and can all ride even though we’re an odd number we should be good!

We’ve been watching some videos and the family raft rides look fun too and so do the lazy and rapids rivers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter