Aquatica or Disney waterpark

Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze in Wet N Wild...I haven't been in YEARS but it is the only water park in FL that I went to as a kid. I definitely preferred it to the waterpark we have at home even as a kid, we literally went on one slide ride 15 times in a row, the guy who was working the top kept saying "you again!" and after 6 or so times he asked how many and started keeping track with us so I would love to go back just to see how it is now versus Disney's which we're so used to now. After looking on the passholder portion of Sea World's site i'm not seeing anything about a discount on Aquatica tickets so I'll have to ask next time we're there because it does sound fun.

I agree all four would be nice. Then you can compare for yourself what fits best. My kids really enjoy the kids section and wave pool. They aren't quite ready for slides, just the family tube.

I know Wet & Wild will appeal to my fellas....they LOVE slides (the bigger and faster, the better) but me? Not so much :crazy2: . I'm more of a lazy river and wave pool kinda gal ::yes:: . But I'd love to see their new sandcastle area. The pictures look fantastic!

Unless you have already decided (in your mind) that nothing can live up to the Disney waterparks, I can't imagine Aquatica would be disappointing to you. Its a lovely park with an Australian theme, and home to SeaWorld's famous Commerson dolphins. There's a nice mix of features from big slides to areas for the kids to lazy rivers and wave pools. I'm not a big "thrill" lover but my boys LOVE slides (the bigger, the better) and we all fell in love with Aquatica on our first visit.

Our favourite area at Aquatica is Roa's Rapids. Its a tubeless lazy river with a very fast current that is more fun than you can imagine. Its best enjoyed (even for adults who are good swimmers) by wearing one of the many life jackets which are available at the entrance to the rapids. Then wade in, and once you hit the current, pick up your feet and let it carry you around (and around and around and around!). We literally spend HOURS there on each of our visits, and hands-down its the best waterpark feature we have found anywhere. There's nothing else like it!

For "best value" dining there's the all-you-can-eat buffet at the Banana Beach Cook-out. Two different options are available...one visit or an all-day pass....and they offer pizza, barbecued chicken pieces, pulled pork, hot dogs, watermelon, brownies, warm yeast rolls, coke products, and more. There's also the Waterstone Grill (which is our personal preference) where you can get chicken tenders and fries, grilled hamburgers, salads, etc. all ordered a la carte.

If you have done the Disney waterparks, I would say give Aquatica a try. I'm all for doing something different and enjoying a new experience. :)

We are doing the Disney waterparks for the first time this summer, and the above posts about Blizzard Beach made me smile, because THAT'S the park that I'm worried about disappointing me. As someone who comes from a northern climate, the snow theme doesn't appeal to me in the slightest. While Typhoon Lagoon looks like a tropical paradise, BB to me looks "blech". But we're trying it out anyway, because like I said....I am all about new experiences!

I will post a bunch of Aquatica pics for you in separate posts so you can get a glimpse of the park. Stay tuned.

We're doing DC, so our Aquatica passes are included. Your posts and pictures really have me excited about giving it a try. And I think we're sold on booking a cabana there too! You're right - no way we're touching that at the Disney water parks.

We're from a colder winter climate too (though probably not as cold as Canada). I grew up skiing, but now I hate the cold and snow. That said, Blizzard Beach is still a lot of fun. You'll have a blast.

We'll be there in Aug too, and plan on at least one day at BB and TL with our AP's. Maybe we'll see you there!

We're doing DC, so our Aquatica passes are included. Your posts and pictures really have me excited about giving it a try. And I think we're sold on booking a cabana there too! You're right - no way we're touching that at the Disney water parks.

We're from a colder winter climate too (though probably not as cold as Canada). I grew up skiing, but now I hate the cold and snow. That said, Blizzard Beach is still a lot of fun. You'll have a blast.

We'll be there in Aug too, and plan on at least one day at BB and TL with our AP's. Maybe we'll see you there!

Awesome! I'm glad the info and photos were useful. You will have a great day at Aquatica, I'm sure....especially if you splurge for the cabana rental. They really are a good-value indulgence.

I'm certain we'll end up loving BB, even with the snow theme......I hear the slides are da bomb, which means my fellas will be in heaven. And Mom will have lots of corny stuff to capture with the camera, which is always an added bonus. Maybe the winter theming will make the hot and humid August temps feel a little more bearable :confused3 ... hey, a girl can dream, can't she? :rotfl:

I will keep my eyes peeled for you at TL and BB :thumbsup2. We'll be the family of pasty white Canadians ;) .... shouldn't be hard to miss us amidst all those gorgeous Florida tans :lmao: .

Gina I love it when you post pics! :teeth: Can't wait to go back to Aquatica in August. We loved it. We've never been to the Disney water parks but Gina I think you nailed it--a "blizzard" theme didn't scream "fun" to me! (Maybe a hot tub would be nice after shovelling the driveway though...) Loved Aquatica. W&W not so much, I must say, but we are not thrill riders.

Can't wait!

Gina I love it when you post pics! :teeth: Can't wait to go back to Aquatica in August. We loved it. We've never been to the Disney water parks but Gina I think you nailed it--a "blizzard" theme didn't scream "fun" to me! (Maybe a hot tub would be nice after shovelling the driveway though...) Loved Aquatica. W&W not so much, I must say, but we are not thrill riders.

Can't wait!

Aw, thanks JoAnne! :goodvibes I'm a visual person, so I always find photos helpful.....and I guess I just assume others do as well :rotfl: .

Our travel dates are getting so close!!! We will be on our way before we know it! I am really looking forward to being able to fully compare the different waterparks against each other after our August trip. This might be another 1000 photo vacation :rolleyes1 .

Hopefully you'll be able to squeeze in Wet N Wild...I haven't been in YEARS but it is the only water park in FL that I went to as a kid. I definitely preferred it to the waterpark we have at home even as a kid, we literally went on one slide ride 15 times in a row, the guy who was working the top kept saying "you again!" and after 6 or so times he asked how many and started keeping track with us so I would love to go back just to see how it is now versus Disney's which we're so used to now. After looking on the passholder portion of Sea World's site i'm not seeing anything about a discount on Aquatica tickets so I'll have to ask next time we're there because it does sound fun.

If you can visit Sea World first,head over to the information desk inside the park and there you can add a day at Aquatica for $25,cheaper than any ticket online.

Had a great day at Aquatica. The park was never crazy and the fast moving Roa's was a favorite of all water parks. A minor issue for me is that most of the slides are enclosed/dark. They kinda have the same feeling. A real plus for them is they have plenty of lounge chairs. It was nice to easily move around.

Had a great day at Aquatica. The park was never crazy and the fast moving Roa's was a favorite of all water parks. A minor issue for me is that most of the slides are enclosed/dark. They kinda have the same feeling. A real plus for them is they have plenty of lounge chairs. It was nice to easily move around.

We did Aquatica today. I'm no big fan of water parks, but this one was enjoyable! I second the Roa's Rapids. We spent more time there than anywhere, laughing all the time. Wouldn't hesitate to come back! I preferred this over Blizzard Beach when I went a few years ago.

What's the price on the all day buffet at Aquatica? My 12 year old is a bottomless pit when she's swimming, so that is very interesting to me...

Does anyone have any promo codes for tickets? We're going to be there in August! :moped: pixiedust:

Great to hear reports about Aquatica! We usually spend a week on Disney property in the month of June but next year we want to have a Sea World vacation( SW hotel, Aquatica/SW park package) so I am happy to hear the love for this water park. Our DS will be 13 at the time and is excited for something new and different.:thumbsup2

Great to hear reports about Aquatica! We usually spend a week on Disney property in the month of June but next year we want to have a Sea World vacation( SW hotel, Aquatica/SW park package) so I am happy to hear the love for this water park. Our DS will be 13 at the time and is excited for something new and different.:thumbsup2

what is DS ?

Aquatica hands down is the best. The cabanas are much nicer and cheaper. The rides are more fun than the equivalent at one of the Disney parks and the food is better.

My wife and I are looking forward to Aquatica this coming October which will be free with the Discovery Cove package that we will be doing for our 5th wedding anniversary. I think DC is a great place to spend our actual wedding date. However, It will 3 or 4 days after we do DC before we get to Aquatica as we 7 other parks we have to visit in the 13 days we are down there. This will be our first trip to Orlando, So we are looking forward to seeing everything including Busch Gardens.

I really enjoyed Aquatica! The ride were really good, food was yummy and staff were really friendly!! It is of the same quality of BB in my opinion!!

In Orlando for week two of our vacation. Heading to Aquatica tomorrow. Just booked our Cabana. Looking forward to the fun! :dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter