Aquatica

pls3399

Disney Fanatic
Has anyone been to aquatica yet? If so, is it anything like wet 'n wild?

We just got back from a trip to Aquatica on Sat. Now, I haven't been to Wet and Wild in 25 years or so but I don't think there are too many similarities. The slides at Wet and wild are much more extreme and there is not a lot of theming or landscaping from what I can remember (lots of concrete). Aquatica is a beautiful park with lush landscaping and lovely colors and theming. But, it is geared much more towards families and the waterslides are not really that extreme. Lots of fun for us and our kids but a real thrill seeker would be dissapointed, I think.
So, I would say that if you are looking for excitement, stick with Wet and Wild, if you are looking for a family experience, try Aquatica.
I can answer any specific questions you have!
Jill

How were the crowds, if any? Do you think the weekend is a better time to go instead of during the week?

How were the crowds, if any? Do you think the weekend is a better time to go instead of during the week?

Exact opposite. Now that school is back in session, weekdays are managable again, but still likely to fill to capacity on the weekends.

OK -- I am from up North. Is mid-October too chilly for Aquatica?

Is 3 -4 hours too short a visit?

I am not a big wtaer park fan -- mainly b/c I either go & am too cold or go at summer max & am too hot & agitated by crowds -- but my kids LOVE water parks & we haven't been to a big water park as a family.

I would figure that the crowds are better during the week. We were there on a Sat and it did get very crowded even though it was raining.

Mid October is still pretty warm here so going to the water park during that time would be nice. If you got there very early in the AM, 3-4 hours might be enough time to do everything but it would be kind of rushed. We got there at 8AM and left around 4 or so.
Jill

I'm headed to the World - and SW and Universal next july...

what is the best day to hit the water park in the middle of july. how bad are the lines?

I'm headed to the World - and SW and Universal next july...

what is the best day to hit the water park in the middle of july. how bad are the lines?

This year, the first Summer of operation, it closed for capacity every day in the Summer. I think it closed earlier on weekends, but still, very busy, no matter which day you pick. Plan on being there before opening.

We are heading down a week from today and I'm not sure if it will be warm enough to enjoy the park. The website says that the water is heated. Has anyone been there on a cooler day (low to mid 70s), and is it still enjoyable?

I was just there. The water is SOO warm. Like bath water. If the outside air temp is in the 70s, you should be fine. Just have something to change into when you are all done and ready to go home.

We are thinking of going in Feb, either a Monday or Tuesday. I am going to wait and see what the weather will be like before deciding. If it's chilly/rainy we'll just hit SeaWorld for a second day, as we are doing Discovery Cove on Sunday Feb. 15 and SeaWorld admission is already included. Hoping for nice weather as the boy would really love it.

do they allow tubes in the wave pool?
I know at wet n wild that is our fav part sitting on a tube waves pushing us around.

I don't think tubes are allowed in the wave pools. We went in the spring shortly after it opened and we could not take tubes in, so we ended up helping our dd12 so she could go farther out.

I would recommend an entire day for Aquatica. I would also HIGHLY recommend renting a cabana. I know they are pricey, but soooo worth it. We absolutely loved ours and think every waterpark should have them. We ordered lunch from the cabana, had it delivered and it was wonderful. Our kids loved it. We even ordered a couple extra items off the menu, like fresh fruit salad, so we had a snack for later.

When we go back to Orlando in a couple years, my dh said the first thing we are doing is Aquatica, no exceptions!

Oh, yeah, sunscreen, sunscreen and more sunscreen. . . burned kids are NO FUN!!

No tubes in the wave pools--1- and 2-person tubes are allowed only in the lazy river (not the "fast" river) and the two "toilet bowl" slides connected to the lazy river.

I know tubes aren't allowed in the wave pools but the life jackets are allowed. They're more fun. ;) I have been in almost everything at aquatica except the dolphin plunge and the toilet bowl. :lmao: . Other then that i like their rides. I've never used to cabana's yet.The one time we had gone i tried to bring my boogey board and they wouldn't let me take it in.

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy tickets just for Aquatica, and not as a combo with SeaWorld admission?

Thanks very much,
MouseGirl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter