Aquatica

I am sure it is. Have you gone to their website?

ETA:
I just checked...one day tickets are:

Adult
$41.95

Child
$35.95

I would also HIGHLY recommend renting a cabana. I know they are pricey, but soooo worth it. We absolutely loved ours and think every waterpark should have them. We ordered lunch from the cabana, had it delivered and it was wonderful. Our kids loved it. We even ordered a couple extra items off the menu, like fresh fruit salad, so we had a snack for later.

How much is it to rent a cabana for a day?

Can anyone tell me how Aquatica compares to Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon?! We are short on time, but my son loves the water parks, so wondering if Aquatica is worth a special trip?
Debsxpirate:

Are there any shaded areas like with big umbrellas if you don't rent a cabanna? I'm worried about my DD pale skin. Thanks!:beach:

As I recall, there were no tubes allowed in the wave pools. They have life vests available though.

Are there any shaded areas like with big umbrellas if you don't rent a cabanna? I'm worried about my DD pale skin. Thanks!:beach:

They have umbrellas in the main beach area. don't recall them being too big. If it's a good weather day, get there early to get one. We rented the cabana when we went and have done so in Tampa at Adventure Island. Pricey but they were worth it to us. We had a fairly secure "home base" for the day. I beleive the amenities are listed on their website but there's a fan inside, a couple of lounge chairs and beach chairs, a small locker, a fridge with sodas and water bottles (take what you don't use at the end of the day), it can close on all 4 sides with ties for privacy, there is someone monitoring the area, you can order lunch from a menu (it's not included) and have it delivered to the cabanana. ANother option for paler skin is to wear a surf shirt for the day. Have a great time when you go.

Great thread! We are going to Aquatica on a Sunday in June. :beach:
Short Question: If we get to Aquatica early, leave for lunch and for a few hours, and return at about 3:00 or 4:00, can we get back in? I read that the park closes if it gets too crowded.
Long Story: Though a week day might be a better idea in general, Sunday will be the best day for us. We have a deal through Marriott Grande Vista that will provide us with a $100 ticket voucher that can only be used through Tickets By Marriott. Their prices for WDW tickets (even with the voucher) are a little higher than UCT, so my plan is to use the voucher (plus about $20 or $30) to buy tickets for a day at Aquatica for our family of 3. We have to tour a Grande Vista time share unit in the early afternoon, which is why we will leave and return to Aquatica. We will be staying in a 1 bedroom villa for 4 nights at the GV for an obscenely low price, which is making our trip ultra-affordable! I feel like I'm rambling. Sorry! :upsidedow

Great thread! We are going to Aquatica on a Sunday in June. :beach:
Short Question: If we get to Aquatica early, leave for lunch and for a few hours, and return at about 3:00 or 4:00, can we get back in? I read that the park closes if it gets too crowded.

Based on crowds last year, the park will definitely close that morning, then probably re-open at 4:00 p.m. Assuming we don't have a thunderstorm passing through the area.

We are going in June too!

Just booked the airfare -- A trip for SW/Aquatica/KSC only

Our Plan is to do Aquatic from openning to noon for 3 mornings and then return to the condo for the heat of the day -- of course, that is only the Plan -- trying to get the kids out of a water park may be a bit more difficult. :rotfl2:

We have an annual pass to a local Busch Gardens park, so we are going to squeeze all we can out of it

How do the family raft rides (Walhalla Wave and HooRoo Run) compare to Teamboat Springs at Blizzard Beach?
DD LOVED Teamboat Springs last year (possible more than anything else in the main parks!). We'll be trying Aquatica for the first time this year, just wondering how these compare?

thanks!

I have been wondering if the cabanas were worth the price.

We are a family of 4. My DH and DS9 will be separated from me and DS2 for alot of the day so I thought it might be good to have some good shade for the little one and a "home base" as you put it for all of us to meet at. That's really great that you can order your food and have it delivered. $150 does seem really steep for it though.

It's first come, first served on the cabanas right? So the earlier you get there the better to pick out the one you want?

Are there cabanas close to the kid's water area? That would probably be the best for us.

How do they keep people out of the cabanas who haven't rented them?

If you don't rent one when you go in, can you change your mind later and get one if they're available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter