Are airfares going to go down?

disneyluv4

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if airfares will go down? We will be going Aug. 1-11 and flying out of Omaha, NE. I have been checking lately and the cheapest airfare I have found is $303 and that is with Midwest Express and they are usually more expensive than others. I do not know what to do. Hoping for alot cheaper. How long should I wait? I don't want to wait to long because I really want these dates, but I also don't want to pay those prices, picky aren't I? HELP!!!!!!

We're flying out in June and I keep hoping prices will go down too. I hope that since Easter is early this year that maybe that is what they are staying up for and after Easter the will go down. Don't know but that's just a thought.:rolleyes:

Some of it may depend on gas, and I know gas has gone up 35 cents a gallon here in the last two weeks. Was 99 cents, now $1.34.
Robin M.

Try Southwest Airlines website. They do not yet participate in travel websites like expedia or travelocity. They have good rates from Omaha to Orlando depending on what day of the week you want to fly. I just looked to see what they're showing as possibilities from Omaha to Orlando in August. I saw $198 for round trip, and $79 for one way (which means only $158 for round trip!), again depending on what days of the week you're willing to travel.

I've been watching airline rates for my sister to fly from Omaha to Orlando, so that's how I happen to know about Southwest's possibilities. Good luck! :)

I've heard that United is going to be adding back some of the routes/flights they cut after 9/11, and will also be cutting their prices up to 50% - but I don't know when (or if) that will be taking effect.

TWICE IN THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS US AIR HAS HAD AIRFARE FROM KANSAS CITY TO TAMPA FOR $102 ROUNDTRIP BUT YOU HAVE TO BOOK IT FAST AND CHECK TRAVELOCITY DAILY TO FIND IT, GOOD LUCK!

Keep watching. We are going in early May. The flights I wanted were around $750! We are going on Saturday morning and all the morning flights were high. I didn't want to go in the afternoon and practically lose our first day. So I kept waiting, hoping they would add more flights (in December there were 5 morning flights, now there are only 3 and one for that day was sold out). One night about a month ago I checked USAir's website and it dropped to $183! Grabbed it! It jumped up to $399 about a week later.

I usually log into www.usairways.com.

Select "flexible" for travel dates and it will usually bring up cheap prices. I have found that the closer the travel date gets, the cheaper the price until the seats are gone. Right now a round trip from Omaha to Orlando is going for $169 for travel BEFORE June 7. I would keep checking and see what you can get.

Timing is everything! I'm hoping to hit a fare in the $150 range for September.

Good luck.

Thanks for your help everyone!! I am soooo excited, I just cannot wait to go. Thanks again.:D

dear disneyluv4, if you dont mind driving to kansas city airfare with all taxes on usair is now $157-$163 depending on your connections but this probably wont last more than a day or so, also check southwest their friends fly free just came out and it works out to about $132 per person. good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter