Are ALL hamburger buns whole wheat now?

Yeah that whole wheat bun is really helping me watch my figure. Especially after that Mickey icecream head, turkey leg, dole whip, and popcorn :)

For all the complaints I have heard about these I NEVER had them fall apart on me.:confused3But yes all the CS are the whole grain buns, and some of the TS too , but MOST of the TS still have white buns
I agree, we had them at Restaurantosaurus, Liberty Inn, and POFQ and they were all fine, nice and soft and fresh, not crumbly at all. We really liked them.

I don't eat much in the way of hot dogs or hamburgers, but I've had hot dogs at Casey's a couple of times since the switch, and the new buns don't bother me at all. I prefer to eat whole wheat bread at home, but the Casey's buns really tasted more like white bread to me, and didn't seem to crumble. :confused3

The only place I remember getting them this last trip was at Liberty Inn in the American pavilion - I got a hamburger one day and a chili cheese dog another - I finished both of them with a fork because the bun was gone (disintegrated) long before the meat. DH got a burger when I did and I didn't notice his falling apart as much as mine - I had added BBQ sauce to mine - I don't know if he added anything to his or not. Maybe they disintegrate when they come in contact with moisture..... :confused3

Yeah that whole wheat bun is really helping me watch my figure. Especially after that Mickey icecream head, turkey leg, dole whip, and popcorn :)

No kidding. If they were really "healthy" they would eliminate hot dogs, burgers, fries, etc completely. Sandwich rolls are pretty cheap, I may start bringing my own.:earsboy:

The are horrible and useless. You realize how bad it is once it's YOU holding crumbs of what once formed a bun. :headache:
Oh -- and one of the crappy bun restaurants was The Wave. So the bad buns are not just limted to counter service.

Oh Noooo!! I purposely do without cheeseburgers throughout most of the year just so I can have at least one (and sometimes two:rolleyes1 ) every single day while at the world. I have dreams about carrying my tray over to the fixin's bar at Pecos Bill's and loading up four courtesy cups of mayo to slather on my burger. Now I'm hearing that the burgers aren't good anymore? Why, why, why?!?!?!?

So if the hot dogs are yucky mystery meat now, are the corn dog nuggets any good or are they changed too?

I was wondering with WDW being into healthy food now, what's up with only having the bacon double cheeseburgers on the menu? or does having the whole wheat bun make it healthy? I prefer to just have a single cheeseburger at places like Pecos Bills and despise bacon, and I ask for its removal from my burger. yet I still pay for it. I did'nt notice much difference in the bun, they have always seemed on the dry side to me and I usually only eat the bottom half of the bun.

I also noticed it was hard to find a grilled chicken sandwich at CS.

and they are listing the pizza at pizzafari with the salad on the menu, with most likely unhealthy dressing, unless im proven otherwise.

at least there they let me get a pizza without salad for 2 dollars less.

We had cheeseburgers at Cosmic Ray's a couple of weeks ago, added some pickles and mushrooms and catsup, took a bite and watched that nasty whole wheat bun disintegrate in our hands. At home, I always buy whole grain breads and rolls but have never experienced the ickiness of that, they were pretty tasteless too.

Disney does listen, sometimes it takes a LOT of feedback, but they answer everyone so you know word is going in. If they get floods of emails asking for the old buns back, there could be a chance of them COMING back. So email Guest Services about this right now!

Walt Disney World Guest Services (wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com)

what happens if you dont like whole wheat..I find the taste of whole wheat makes me want to gag:( I had that issue my last trip it meant alot of chicken nuggets :S

The kids had the buns on sandwiches at the Electric Umbrella last week, and they were quite dry and gross. I was not impressed with them at all! I hope they work on this one for next year's trip.
Avoid the buns and have chicken nuggets! :)

OMG I can't believe they got rid of the delicious burgers they had at Beaches and Cream! They use to be so good, now they are made of cheaper, gross meat and buns that fall apart!

We were just there 11/8-11/13 and I ordered a barbque pork sandwich at the MK in Pecos Bill's and was so annoyed when I sat down to eat and saw they put it on a wheat hamburger bun!!!! Needless to say I couldn't even pick it up cause it fell apart the minute I touched it! I had to use a fork and knife and it was just horrible.

We went to Casey's also and DS had the hot dog and he didn't say anything about the taste, but his bun fell apart and disintegrated. We ate the corn dog nuggets and didn't notice a different taste. The fries are still good!:thumbsup2

At the POLY, Captain Cooks burgers have the wheat buns for the kids and adult burgers. Both fell apart.

I hate these buns and I hate that I am forced to eat them if I want a burger. I am an adult and I should be able to choose what kind of bun I have on my burger! I am on vacation it should be my choice to eat healthy or pig out!!

I have never had buns disintegrate like they do at WDW. I find it hard to believe it is because they are whole wheat. I sometimes buy whole wheat bread/buns.
Do they just use a brand that whips a lot of air in their batter? :confused3 It would be interesting to know what brand they serve so we know what to avoid buying for ourselves. :laughing:

My son is allergic to some wheat breads, so we tend to stick with white while eating out, since we don't know if the wheat bread being served will make him sick. Is there an option for white bread at all, or will he be completely out of luck when it comes to eating?

Disney does listen, sometimes it takes a LOT of feedback, but they answer everyone so you know word is going in. If they get floods of emails asking for the old buns back, there could be a chance of them COMING back. So email Guest Services about this right now!

Walt Disney World Guest Services (wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com)

This is terrible news. Like Desnik says, we're on vacation, we're adults, we should get to choose whether we want 'healthy' food or not. My husband hates whole wheat buns. I know because I eat them myself and he would rather not have a burger if his sesame white buns are all gone!

Thanks so much for the email address. :thanks: I already sent off an email asking about this policy and whether or not we can CHOOSE a white or whole wheat bun. Though I didn't mention it in my email, I wondered too about allergies as Jessandtwo mentioned. I encourage everyone to dash off an email stating your dismay and asking which restaurants allow a customer to choose white buns instead of whole wheat.

Speaking up when we don't like something as basic and mandatory as food options is vital!

You cannot choose a white bun, but apparently exceptions are made for allergies or for medical conditions. I don't know if it's a white bun. You can apparently ask for a gluten free bun, but it will not be a regular white bun.

If you just have a preference for a white bun, you can't get one.

Just to clarify...

I don't believe that they are "whole wheat" buns, but rather "multi-grain" buns.

The difference ? Whole wheat buns are actually good for you, what with the fiber and the complex carbs and all. "Multi-grain" can mean most anything. They may have a small percentage of whole grain in them, but mostly they tend to be white flour made brownish in color by anything from food dye to brown sugar to caramel coloring.

Multi-grain buns are much cheaper to make than whole grain, if that tells you anything.

I'm sad to hear that Beaches and Cream has switched to CS burgers, that's a shame.

But, the good news is that the burgers at The Fountain in The Dolphin remain the same. Nice squishy white buns (ahem) along with some of the best burgers on the property.

Well worth the trip, especially if you are touring Epcot. It's a quick walk from the International Gateway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter