Are Amazon digital credits for delayed delivery kaput?

ScrapYap

DIS Veteran
Anyone still seeing the offer for digital credits for delayed delivery? I haven't seen them for a couple weeks.

Anyone still seeing the offer for digital credits for delayed delivery? I haven't seen them for a couple weeks.
I don't think they are gone. I was given the option (and chose it) last night when I ordered a few things for a baby shower. I'll get the items on Monday instead of Friday, which works out better for me since I won't be home on Friday.

I don't think they are gone. I was given the option (and chose it) last night when I ordered a few things for a baby shower. I'll get the items on Monday instead of Friday, which works out better for me since I won't be home on Friday.
Thank you for the reply. I wonder if I have maxxed out on credits! I tend to order things two at a time to get the credits.

I haven’t seen them for a bit, but I’ve been offered 6% back on our Amazon CC instead of 5%.

Same. I’ve been buying a few Xmas presents and since I don’t need them anytime soon I’ve been picking the 6% back each time. It’s all going to go right back to Amazon so why not.

I haven’t seen them for a bit, but I’ve been offered 6% back on our Amazon CC instead of 5%.
Same here. I'm no longer being offered the digital credits just the 6% back. I wonder if they only changed the offer for those of us with the Amazon CC but those without it are still getting the usual choice of a digital credit?

Same here. I'm no longer being offered the digital credits just the 6% back. I wonder if they only changed the offer for those of us with the Amazon CC but those without it are still getting the usual choice of a digital credit?
Interesting question - hope we'll get answers!

Probably not as simple as Amazon CC holder vs not.

We have the Chase Prime* CC & I still see the digital credits offer on most orders and a few times lately I’ve seen the 6% instead on 5%. I didn’t pay enough attention to know if they were offered independent of each other or not.

I rarely choose the no-rush option just to get the credit, because I found I wasn’t using most of the credits I did get. So the only time I choose it is when delivery would otherwise be on Sunday, or every so often when their system glitches and offers me credit for delivery on my prime day, and also shows that with normal shipping it would arrive on my prime day anyway. I’d say I see that happen 3-4 x per month.

We order a lot of stuff from Amazon, since they put a fulfillment center in our city limits, and later built another one about 75 miles away, So now at least 75% of orders have same or next day delivery, and it’s super rare that we ever have anything be more than two day shipping.

What I find annoying is that returns are getting trickier. Used to be that they’d offer free UPS pick-up [boxed but no label needed] for virtually anything that offered “FREE RETURNS”… then it was free UPS pick-up only for defective items. UPS store drop offs were always no box/no label, then they started saying boxed/ no label… lately, well over half of my returns say for UPS store drop off, I need to box the item, & label it too. Increasingly, the only no box/no label option for returns seems to be Whole Foods drop off.

The no box/no label returns are what they call “containerized” because the items are accepted by Whole Foods or UPS store and all picked up together in large tubs by Amazon trucks. There’s no real shipping in the traditional sense.

I think they are trying to phase out using the UPS store as their middleman in many or even most markets. Problem with that, for us, is that we have just a few Whole Foods stores in town, none of which are particularly close by or convenient to us… but there are at least 3 UPS stores in close proximity to either our house or dh’s office.

So “Free Returns” is becoming less of an incentive. Maybe if they offered the UPS store as one return option, but offered a credit to take it to Whole Foods? At least then I’d feel like I was getting something in return for my gas to go to a Whole Foods (none of which are anywhere near other places we go normally) just to use the “Free returns” option promised when I made the purchase.

* Sometimes I wish we didn’t have the Chase Prime card, because it means we can’t have the Disney one. But I guess on balance, we get more back from having the Prime card than we would the Disney one. If only we could get Disney characters on the Prime card. 🫤

Last edited:
I still get them. I got $1.50 for some stuff I ordered today. I expect they'll probably ramp up again in about a month.
Also, I don't have the credit card. I keep considering it, but 1% extra is nothing. I much prefer the digital credits. I always have eBooks I want.

Likely not a CC thing, specifically.

I still see the digital credits offer on most orders and a few times lately I’ve seen the 6% instead on 5%. I didn’t pay enough attention to know if they were offered independent of each other or not.

I rarely choose the no-rush option just to get the credit, because I found I wasn’t using most of the credits I did get. So the only time I choose it is when delivery would otherwise be on Sunday, or every so often when their system glitches and offers me credit for delivery on my prime day, and also shows that with normal shipping it would arrive on my prime day anyway. I’d say I see that happen 3-4 x per month.

We order a lot of stuff from Amazon, since they put a fulfillment center in our city limits, and later built another one about 75 miles away, So now at least 75% of orders have same or next day delivery, and it’s super rare that we ever have anything be more than two day shipping.

What I find annoying is that returns are getting trickier. Used to be that they’d offer free UPS pick-up [boxed but no label needed] for virtually anything that offered “FREE RETURNS”… then it was free UPS pick-up only for defective items. UPS store drop offs were always no box/no label, then they started saying boxed/ no label… lately, well over half of my returns say for UPS store drop off, I need to box the item, & label it too. Increasingly, the only no box/no label option for returns seems to be Whole Foods drop off.

The no box/no label returns are what they call “containerized” because the items are accepted by Whole Foods or UPS store and all picked up together in large tubs by Amazon trucks. There’s no real shipping in the traditional sense.

I think they are trying to phase out using the UPS store as their middleman in many or even most markets. Problem with that, for us, is that we have just a few Whole Foods stores in town, none of which are particularly close by or convenient to us… but there are at least 3 UPS stores in close proximity to either our house or dh’s office.

So “Free Returns” is becoming less of an incentive. Maybe if they offered the UPS store as one return option, but offered a credit to take it to Whole Foods? At least then I’d feel like I was getting something in return for my gas to go to a Whole Foods (none of which are anywhere near other places we go normally) just to use the “Free returns” option promised when I made the purchase.
Interesting! Lucky for me I guess that we don’t have a Whole Foods where I’m at.

Our UPS store installed a DIY kiosk for Amazon returns where you scan your return code, bag and tag your unboxed item and drop it in the kiosk/at the desk if too big. Made a lot of sense to me as whenever I am there with others at least 50% of people are doing Amazon returns. Wonder if that tech investment was by UPS or Amazon?

i'm jealous. we have a fulfillment near us but nothing comes directly from it to local consumers-everything is immediatly loaded up and flown across to the other side of the state to be flown back and delivered to ups/usps regional hub which then goes to local hubs (i wish they offered the option to do drive up pickup at the fulfillment center).

Probably not as simple as Amazon CC holder vs not.

We have the Chase Prime* CC & I still see the digital credits offer on most orders and a few times lately I’ve seen the 6% instead on 5%. I didn’t pay enough attention to know if they were offered independent of each other or not.

* Sometimes I wish we didn’t have the Chase Prime card, because it means we can’t have the Disney one. But I guess on balance, we get more back from having the Prime card than we would the Disney one. If only we could get Disney characters on the Prime card. 🫤
why can't you have the disney one too? i have both.

Interesting! Lucky for me I guess that we don’t have a Whole Foods where I’m at.

Our UPS store installed a DIY kiosk for Amazon returns where you scan your return code, bag and tag your unboxed item and drop it in the kiosk/at the desk if too big. Made a lot of sense to me as whenever I am there with others at least 50% of people are doing Amazon returns. Wonder if that tech investment was by UPS or Amazon?
We also have a return desk at Kohl but it’s way in back and I’ve not got out yet without making a purchase!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter