• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are characters still distanced on DCL?

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
We will be sailing on the Disney Dream this October and was not sure if character meet and greets are still distanced on DCL? Characters have not been distanced at WDW for quite some time and was not sure if DCL has caught up yet to WDW or are still distancing?

Characters are still distanced on the cruises. We go on a cruise in October as well. I'm interested to see if anything gets announced at D23 on the cruise panel.

It’s probably more to protect the CM than anything else. There are limited options onboard for character substitutes. If Cinderella becomes ill and has to quarantine that could be 1-2 cruises without her.
This. They can’t call in substitutes. And the characters often do double duty as attendants and entertainment staff.

It’s probably more to protect the CM than anything else. There are limited options onboard for character substitutes. If Cinderella becomes ill and has to quarantine that could be 1-2 cruises without her.
It’s always surprising to me that people don’t understand this. It would help if Disney would just state that they won’t be coming back yet though.

It’s always surprising to me that people don’t understand this. It would help if Disney would just state that they won’t be coming back yet though.
Ah ok I got it. But it’s ok for guests to “fill in all available space”.

Ah ok I got it. But it’s ok for guests to “fill in all available space”.
Not sure I understand what you’re getting at… We, the guest, crowding together is a risk we take by cruising again. How does that compare to Disney protecting their very limited entertainment cast members? As stated by a previous poster, if one of the characters catches Covid, that character might not be available again for the next couple of cruises.

Not sure I understand what you’re getting at… We, the guest, crowding together is a risk we take by cruising again. How does that compare to Disney protecting their very limited entertainment cast members? As stated by a previous poster, if one of the characters catches Covid, that character might not be available again for the next couple of cruises.
Rather than go back and forth, I’ll stop here. My original question was answered and this thread can now be closed.

So annoyed by this (and yes, blah, blah, blah, I know the reason). Even concierge lost their private meet/greet. Can't wait to be holding back an excited 2 yrs. old in a few weeks. The photos I've seen with the characters look ridiculous!

So annoyed by this (and yes, blah, blah, blah, I know the reason). Even concierge lost their private meet/greet. Can't wait to be holding back an excited 2 yrs. old in a few weeks. The photos I've seen with the characters look ridiculous!

I canceled the photo package due to this - if we ask him to pose with Mickey, he won't understand why he can't hug him or give him a high five like he can at the park. Not worth the hassle or expense to try and get our money's worth.

IMO fully costumed characters are completely different than face characters with risk and don't understand why there can't be a mix of meets. There is still a mix at WDW and it works just fine :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter