Are Codes possible for12/24 - 31/05??????

asnaghook

Earning My Ears
Our family of 4 will be in WDW 12/24-31 and we are hoping to stay on one of the resort properties. Am I silly :confused3 thinking that there may be codes to lessen the hotel side of our budget?

Thanks!!!
:moped: :rotfl: :rolleyes1

Never silly to hope for a discount. It could happen, but IMHO, it is very, very unlikely. As you know, that's peak season and since attendance is way up this year, I doubt Disney will have any trouble filling the rooms with guests willing to pay rack rate. The discounts offered so far this year seem to be fewer in number and not a sgenerous as they have been n the past. Thus, I don't think there will be many (if any) offered for 12/24 - 12/31.

Good luck, though -

There are generally not codes for that timeframe. However, if you book your ressie while the codes are still in effect (12/23), you will get that amount for your entire stay. I remember my AP email for that timeframe saying that the code was only good until 12/23.

with arriving 12/24 you may have some hope. :) This past year there were discounts available for check ins up to 12/25. As long as you were checked in by 12/25, you got the discount for your entire stay. I am not sure where they will put that cut off this year; it may be before 12/24, it may be after. That is the busiest week all year (we've been there the last 2 years and had a ball...it's insanely crowded but still fun!) so you will definitely want to call right away when/if codes are released.

Thanks for the info! I just didn't want to wait too long to make a ressie hoping for a code and not realizing that it wasn't coming! Any other ideas on booking a room on the resort that would be kind :wave: to my hotel budget, would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

Still learnin', just don't want to learn the hard way if possible!!!

:flower: :teeth: :rotfl2: :rolleyes1

I would STRONGLY suggest that you go ahead and book your room now....you can ask for a AAA discount...not much but better than rack rate and then if codes come out you could always switch....but I would absolutely book NOW for your dates....that is THE busiest week of the year at WDW and all hotels will be at near 100% occupancy. If you wait to book until codes come out #1) there is no guarentee there will be any codes and 2) you may not be able to get all nights of your stay at the discounted rate.

I would book now at a resort I could feel comfortable paying for without a discount and then if you can find better rates and move up great....if not you aren't stuck without a room.

Remember it will be peak season at all resorts so prices with a discount are likely to be as high/higher than rack rates in value season.

I was able to get an AP discount the past two years for the Christmas to New Years week. As long as you check in before the 26th of December, the discount rate will be good for your entire stay. Last year we checked in on Christmas Eve and the year before on Christmas Day. I booked both vacations in early October and had no problem getting a ressie. You may not get your first choice of a hotel so have a second and third to fall back on. My first choice (Poly) last year was not available for my entire stay, so I booked the AKL. I kept calling back every two weeks and finally at the beginning of December rooms at the Poly opened up. I just canceled the AKL, booked the Poly, and had my deposit credited to my new ressie.

Just a tidbit of information. AAA rate is not available during Christmas week.
But the suggestion to book what you can afford at rack rate now is good advice. :flower:

I would book now for sure...I can offer you our past experience...we stayed at the Dolphin 12/03 and again 12/04. Travelzoo.com had an awesome rate of $99 for our dates of 12/21-24 on '03 and ALLEARS had $129 for our days of 12/18-12/28 in '04. We are SPG Gold members and rec's a fantastic comp upgrade this last trip to a balconey room MGM view...just wonderful. For the crowds of the Holiday week, the location of the Dolphin can't be beat. We walked back to the resort since we did not care to wait for the crowds...but the boat service was terrific. The Dolphin has very elaborate decorations and you can walk to the boardwalk and enjoy all that has to offer as well. Since you are not arriving 'till the 24th I am not sure of what will be offered, but in the past we have had luck. We have also had to alter arrival times and departure times with the Dolphin and they are very accomodating...and once you join SPG you are eligible for late check-out if it is available...once we had 'till 6 p.m.!

Pam

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter