• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are FX Lightsabers allowed in the parks during MNSSHP?

AdventurersClub

Kungaloosh!
I plan on going to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and planned to go as a Jedi, are guests allowed to take the FX Lightsabers (The one's that Master Replicas makes) into the park for MNSSHP? I only ask because they do sell them in MGM and wasn't sure if they would be allowed to be carried?

Thanks!

I sent an email straight from the WDW site about a question I had about costumes... and this is what they email me back TODAY:

"Costumes must not:
Cover the face or obstruct your vision
Hinder your ability to board our attractions or transportation.
Drag on the ground.
Contain sharp or pointed objects that may injure other guests. Contain any part, prop or accessory that might be mistaken for an actual weapon.
Be offensive to other guests."

That was actually copied and pasted from my email from them. You can email them and see what they say.

I sent an email straight from the WDW site about a question I had about costumes... and this is what they email me back TODAY:

"Costumes must not:
Cover the face or obstruct your vision
Hinder your ability to board our attractions or transportation.
Drag on the ground.
Contain sharp or pointed objects that may injure other guests. Contain any part, prop or accessory that might be mistaken for an actual weapon.Be offensive to other guests."

That was actually copied and pasted from my email from them. You can email them and see what they say.

In case people mistake it for a real lightsaber... :rotfl2:

In case people mistake it for a real lightsaber... :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl2: I had the same thought! You should be fine. Go ahead and bring the lightsaber. My DBF was Indiana Jones at MNSSHP and he had a long leather whip, which he had coiled (Indiana-style) and tied to his belt. It was visible, and it was perfectly fine... no questions asked.

Is your lightsaber retractable? Not that it matters, but if it had a holster, that could be helpful if a CM thinks it's too real for the party. ;)

Now if you were bringing along a dress with a HOOP SKIRT, I think that might make it difficult to board the attractions, which would be a no-no.

I would say they are allowed. They sell them normaly just like the fake swords and the rifels.

We saw kids with them in Tomorrowland on Saturday and were almost hit by them, lol.

My DH has one (not FX, but a custom made one) and he carried it as part of his costume two years ago. No problems at all, except it was kinda a pain to carry around.. LOL We saw lots of other people carrying different ones as well. Of course because of how expensive they are I was more worried he was going to break it! ;)

On various trips, DS has bought 3 lightsabers at DHS and carried them around the parks with him (don't see why anybody needs more than one, myself, but he used his allowance to buy the other two, so that's his choice). He built one and the other two the CMs opened the box and put batteries in for him, so I have to assume, it's okay. He dressed up as Obi Wan for the MNSSHP and carried his lightsaber for that, as well. He wasn't the only armed Jedi at the party.

I saw people with fake swords and fullly covered head masks. I also saw adults dressed in near perfect character costumes. They dont enforce the costume rules that much. Thats not sayiong they dont enforce them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter