• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are grad ears just for high schoolers?

courtney1188

Mouseketeer
This is kind of a silly question, but as a 30 year old who is FINALLY completing my bachelors degree this week and celebrating at Disney, I’m wondering - are the grad ears mainly just worn by teens finishing high school, or do you ever seen them worn by older people? I know that obviously anyone who wants to CAN buy and wear them, just curious. And sick of being mistaken for a teenager. Though having my 3 and 4 year old sons and my husband with me will probably help with that part!

I’ve told myself I’m only allowed to buy one pair of ears for this trip and am having trouble deciding, so just thought I’d ask.

Sounds like you have a right to be proud of your accomplishment - and given that - you have the right to show it off! You will probably get a lot of well-deserved "Congratulations." I like adding the I'm Celebrating Button to the outfit and being more specific on that.

Why not? You've earned the right to proudly make a statement! I love the idea of adding the button to complete the look.

Yes-they are GRADUATION EARS-not HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EARS!!!!!

MANY College Grads wear them!

The Disney College Program "Graduates" even receive special Graduation Ears!

AND,at a place where ADULTS wear Mouse and Dog Ears on their heads,age is DEFINITELY not a factor in who wears what!lol:)

I had a pair of graduation ears that I wore around MK to take college graduation photos for my party invites (since I was down in FL doing my College Program at the time), I wore my College Program graduation ears (seen in my avatar) all over the parks at the end of my program, and we just made my little sister buy the Minnie graduation ears headband to celebrate her college graduation. Those ears are for everyone who has earned them and you DEFINITELY have! Wear them with pride and enjoy the celebration and congratulations you'll get!

Last year I wore them for my med school graduation trip and I was 27....it was the week they came out in Feb so not many had them in general but I've seen plenty of college age and older adults wear them over the years. I say wear them proudly and enjoy the experience! Congrats!

It took me 10 years to finish my Bachelor's and another 10 to complete my Masters. The trappings of "graduating" never get old even if you do.

Absolutely buy one and wear it! Btw............... C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S*! pixiedust:

I hope your not shy though! My son wore his personalized grad disney hat in 2016 and after the 10th CM and random person congratulated him he took it off. They made him feel like a celebrity. :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

(Which can be a good thing thing or bad thing depending I guess on your personality or shyness):D

Definitely not! I just completed my Masters and I'll be wearing mine. I wore them preemptively in March as well. I'm 28.

Congratulations on completing your degree!! It’s a huge accomplishment at any age. I say wear the ears with pride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter