Are hotel discounts typical?

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
I’m planning a trip for October. Wondering if it would be typical for a discount offer on rooms to drop for that season, and if so when would they usually come out.

I’m a WDW vet so I’m used to the patterns of Disney World, trying to learn the DL process, though I know we are in unusual times!

I've been wondering the same thing for our June trip. I've been checking the resort hotel specials/discounts page a couple time a day.

I had DLH booked for January 2021, and the discounts for that came out in mid November. That sale is good for dates January-April.

So I'm guessing that discounts drop 2 months ahead of time. That's just a guess though! Maybe someone else will know for sure.

I've seen some pretty regular 25 percent off discounts at the DLH as I've been preparing for a trip this December. They seem to get announced a quarter before the quarter in question. So winter of 2021 discounts were announced in August and September. They just had 25 percent off for trips in January, February and March. Not sure if that's a regular thing but worth keeping an eye out for. We booked a trip through Costco and Disney for December and they said that they will honor and reduce the price of our trip if I call and request a current discount on room prices to get applied to our current trip, so definitely worth keeping tabs on things.

It's very difficult to predict anything like that these days. Usually, though, there was a discount late summer/early fall, and another that started in Nov and went until the Christmas school break started. October is one of the most crowded times of year and I don't know if there was a discount for that time, but as I said, it's really hard to guess right now what they'll be offering next fall.

I’m planning a trip for October. Wondering if it would be typical for a discount offer on rooms to drop for that season, and if so when would they usually come out.

I’m a WDW vet so I’m used to the patterns of Disney World, trying to learn the DL process, though I know we are in unusual times!
Mousesavers has information for Disney Discounts, along with a listing of Historical Discounts.

Mousesavers has information for Disney Discounts, along with a listing of Historical Discounts.
This is just what I was looking for, thanks so much!

At WDW, if you book a rack rate room and then a discount offer is dropped closer to your date, you have to cancel your previous reservation and then book a new one at the new rate. Is that how it works at DL, as well? Planning to book a package so just want to know if I should be prepared to cancel the whole thing if offers get announced later on.

Usually the discount information will say "not valid on previously booked rooms" so I think you would have to cancel and rebook.

I just saw that Mousesavers is significantly cheaper than the rooms we booked directly at DLH. It’s just $10 cheaper the first two nights (Wednesday and Thursday) but they’re giving me the same price for Friday night, while Disney is showing Friday night as $106 more.

Is it tacky to book with Mousesavers and then cancel the direct booking? I‘m assuming I couldn’t just call Disney and ask them to match.

Can Mousesavers reservations be linked to my Disney account?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter