• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are new Toy Story Land rides jerky?

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
We haven’t seen the slinky or saucers yet but medically I can’t do jerky rides that whip my head around so how do these two rate?

Well the saucers miiiiiiight be a bit on the jerky side, if only due to the nature of the ride itself. Slinky, while I haven’t ridden it yet, is reported to be a bit smooth for a coaster, so there’s a chance it’ll be alright for you.

If you want the best way to determine though, look up ride-throughs on youtube! They’re many out there for both rides, and it’s especially helpful if you get ones that show a rider in front of you, that way you’ll literally see how the body reacts to the ride, so you can decide if it’s too much or not. :cutie:

Isn't Alien a "whip" ride? Albeit it's for kids so probably not extreme.

I rode SDD last year. Overall it's pretty smooth. There may have been one part where I felt I little jerked but it was fleeting.

Unfortunately it’s all relative. I think RnR is “jerky”. Rides in Toy Story Land not so much. If you have medical issues I would error on the side of caution. IMHO.

SDD can be jerky ( back and forth) at the end going over the little hills) AS2 wips you more then jearks you

I consider SDD to be a very smooth rollercoaster. It has the bunny hills that are fun in teh back of the train, but you are not being thrown side to side.
AS2 by its nature is more of a jerky ride and if you have neck problems, probably not a good choice.
TSMM is also smoother, the car spins between activities, but I don't consider it jerky.

Saucers change directions but are not real harsh. Toy Story Mania has some parts that jerk harder than the saucers. Slinky should be okay.

The saucers feel more tame than a scrambler, but kind of have the same whip motion. It feels like you run over little bumps too on the saucers (kind of like driving over a road under construction). Toy Story Mania spins you around between screens and sometimes if you're not bracing yourself it can be a bit more intense than you'd assume. Slinky is the smoothest coaster I've been on. It didn't feel jarring or jerky last time I rode, but you feel the typical vibration of the coaster track.

OP there is a dedicated Disability form on this board that you might want to post your question too people on this board is very helpful I have a good friend with nick problem and back and forth is just as bad for her as side to side.

I would describe Slinky as a remarkably smooth coaster. Lots of good airtime but you're not going to be jerked around corners.
Saucers is a whip ride, so you do get moments of intense movement. However, you can see them coming - it's not an unexpected jerk to the left or right.
Toy Story Mania has some unexpected movement that might qualify as jerky.

Do not ride the Alien saucers ride. My seatbelt was not tight enough and I slid across the seat and slammed into the side of the seat and hurt my neck. The operator stopped the ride. I’ve never been hurt on a ride at Disney before. I will never go on that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter