Are parades ever coming back?

Ikaikalani

Tee-Eye-double Guh-err
I was watching some videos this morning of yesterday's MK 50th opening morning. Huge crowds were packed together in front of the castle for quite sometime waiting for the opening show. The crowd seemed much, much larger than what you'd normally see for a parade. I also read that parades will be a part of the Christmas After Hours party. We were told they were suspended for social distancing. So why aren't they back on a regular basis? Especially for the 50th Anniversary?

I was watching some videos this morning of yesterday's MK 50th opening morning. Huge crowds were packed together in front of the castle for quite sometime waiting for the opening show. The crowd seemed much, much larger than what you'd normally see for a parade. I also read that parades will be a part of the Christmas After Hours party. We were told they were suspended for social distancing. So why aren't they back on a regular basis? Especially for the 50th Anniversary?
Parades cost money. Chapek isn’t leaving that kind of money on the table anymore. I expect we’ll see them at the occasional upcharge event (like the new christmas after hours), but other then that they’re toast.

I like the cavalcades during the day. Still hoping a night time parade comes back. I would have thought it would happen for the 50th, if it was going to happen.

I recognize I have a limited understanding of economics and theme park management - so, I'm hoping someone can help me. Why are the cavalcades cheaper? I recognize they utilize fewer staff at any one time; but they run more frequently (meaning those staff members have to stay longer and/or they're just new staff members). Is it a function of less wear and tear on the numerous floats? I'm not arguing that they are the same cost, etc - I just genuinely am curious about how this potentially saves money.

I don't think cost is the reason--otherwise, Disneyland would not have any parades, but they do. WDW didn't have nighttime parade long before Chapek took over.

I don't think cost is the reason--otherwise, Disneyland would not have any parades, but they do. WDW didn't have nighttime parade long before Chapek took over.
But they had a daytime parade.

They didn't have an excuse previously for no parades. Now they do. Parades are expensive. They're going to hide behind that excuse as long as they can.

I don't believe it's about money. After all, fireworks came back and those are $$$

Personally I think everything Disney does now is a result of the bean counters. Not attacking Disney, but business is business and I don't blame them. As long as the crowds flock to Disney willing to pay more and more for less and less, or willing to pay extra for additional options Disney is going to keep on going up in cost, offering less in return, and adding pay to play experiences.

Disney World shipped the Electrical Parade to Disneyland, SpectroMagic rotted away, and Paint the Night is too heavy for that one bridge. What else would then run at Magic Kingdom?

I don't believe it's about money. After all, fireworks came back and those are $$$

Fireworks are a much bigger draw than the parades. They had to bring something back and of all the things they could bring back, shows, parade, fireworks- fireworks is probably the most popular. I know it was the one thing they had to do to get us back- and now we wait for them to bring back the rest. We could be waiting a long time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter