Are park reservations even an issue any more?

Maybe someone can answer this question for me here - can you make a park reservation same day? Like if we changed our minds could we cancel an existing reservation and make another one somewhere else, assuming that park has availability? We want to do Epcot maybe two days of our upcoming trip, but it seems like a waste making a park reservation there since they don't open until later and we'll have hoppers. I thought I could use those days to make a park reservation at HS and attempt to get a RoR boarding group, but I'd hate to be stuck having to physically go check into HS and then not be able to do Epcot until 2.
We flipflopped our HS and AK days when visiting in July due to rain. We had a front desk employee at Riveria do this for us. Worked out well. But I must say he was nervous about doing incase we got shut out. We agreed taht if that happened we would accept consequence.

Last edited:
You would be surprised how many of us annual passholders are not local. Would you really be happy booking a weeklong trip with airfare, hotel, etc, but only getting 3 days of park reservations? Many of my trips I stay offsite.
We live in metro ATL and know a ton of folks with APs. Daily tickets are so expensive, it makes sense some years, especially if you are DVC. We have passes to other parks in Orlando this year and we use the heck out of them...

Waited to book parks and now the week of 11/21 no MK or HS. Odds of more opening? When would I check each am?

Maybe someone can answer this question for me here - can you make a park reservation same day? Like if we changed our minds could we cancel an existing reservation and make another one somewhere else, assuming that park has availability? We want to do Epcot maybe two days of our upcoming trip, but it seems like a waste making a park reservation there since they don't open until later and we'll have hoppers. I thought I could use those days to make a park reservation at HS and attempt to get a RoR boarding group, but I'd hate to be stuck having to physically go check into HS and then not be able to do Epcot until 2.
Can you make a same day reservation? Yes, if it is available. We did just that two weeks ago.

We went for one of our typical weekends, in that case leaving Friday after work, visiting Sat & Sun, and driving home Monday. I was able to get finished up with work by lunch Friday, so we were able to leave early. About 2:00, we decided that we would not be arriving about 8:00 PM, and made a reservation to go to EPCOT that night.

But as I mentioned in an earlier post, we also went there for four a four day visit last year. For two days, we tried and were unable to get a reservation at ANY park for our fourth day. We cut the vacation short, which is easy since we are driving.

Having said all of that, we basically never make a reservation for EPCOT anymore. We will do one "Morning" park, and one "Evening" Park. We leave midday to those who choose to deal with the midday heat.

So in the end, your mileage may vary...

We live in metro ATL and know a ton of folks with APs. Daily tickets are so expensive, it makes sense some years, especially if you are DVC. We have passes to other parks in Orlando this year and we use the heck out of them...
This was an interesting year. We live in Charlotte.

We have annual/season passes to Disney, Six Flags, Carowinds & KSC.

I know, sounds a little crazy. This is what we do. We do amusement parks. We got the Six flags annual pass for $49. Works at all their parks, although we have only been to Six Flags over Georgia this year. We actually even went there for three hours on our way to Disney It was a bit out of our way, but my son hit a few rollercoasters. Carowinds is a weekly visit for us.

We have been to Disney Parke for 28 days since their reopening. We have definitely used our passes this year...

This was an interesting year. We live in Charlotte.

We have annual/season passes to Disney, Six Flags, Carowinds & KSC.

I know, sounds a little crazy. This is what we do. We do amusement parks. We got the Six flags annual pass for $49. Works at all their parks, although we have only been to Six Flags over Georgia this year. We actually even went there for three hours on our way to Disney It was a bit out of our way, but my son hit a few rollercoasters. Carowinds is a weekly visit for us.

We have been to Disney Parke for 28 days since their reopening. We have definitely used our passes this year...
Ha! My "old job" had me in Charlotte one week per month. I'm also a huge Carowinds fan, but fun fact... have yet to take my kids there! We get passes if we know we'll go somewhere twice, it typically pays for itself, plus we don't need any more junk in this house, so the grands also will buy a "pass" for us for a kid. I didn't have passes in 2020 to Carowinds because it wasn't open for so long. Parking costs $20, so a pass just makes sense. We do have Legoland, SeaWorld, Gatorland, GA Aquarium, Zoo Atlanta, Tellus and maybe something else? We got the 6 day military tickets for Disney, which for us is like a season pass, because you don't have to use them within a narrow window. Was THIS close to getting KSC passes, but was concerned we wouldn't have enough days to do it all.

I don't like sitting at home. ;-) It sounds crazy, but we are crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter