Are people doing the Bracelets anymore? Our Bracelet batteries are 3 yrs. old.

pomcoach

Mouseketeer
Our Disney bracelet batteries are 3 yrs. old. Where's the best place to find a new bracelet? My husband said we can buy a bracelet that makes the statue move or something? I'd really enjoy that type of thing! We are going to be at Disney Springs in a week or so. Thank you for any help.

I assume you mean magic bands?
Yes, most all on site guests still use them.
Your current ones are fine. The only thing batteries are needed for are ride photos.
I know of no statues that move with a magic band.

they are talking about releasing a new version of magic band which interacts with the 50th character statues - but i don't believe they've mentioned what that interaction is. that might be what your husband was referring to...

they are talking about releasing a new version of magic band which interacts with the 50th character statues - but i don't believe they've mentioned what that interaction is. that might be what your husband was referring to...
And they are not released, with no date given for their release.
But otherwise, yes, the new version will do more than the current version.

I am curious to see exactly what happens with the statues. They don't appear to have moving parts but you can never tell what magic they've come up with.

Bet it will be lights or sound. My husband is looking at the Disney website now. The new Bracelets "Magic Band 2" appear to be onsale. I kind of like the one with Minnie with her hot chocolate.

Your existing MagicBands will work just fine with the exception of possibly taking ride photos. If you wish to have the photos on the rides I'd recommend purchasing 1 new MB that has a newer battery in it. If you have a package booked to stay on property, the plain ones are reasonable to purchase.

Bet it will be lights or sound. My husband is looking at the Disney website now. The new Bracelets "Magic Band 2" appear to be onsale. I kind of like the one with Minnie with her hot chocolate.
OK, so not "Magic Band 2". The new one is called "Magic Band Plus." So not sure if it's for sale yet.

If the battery doesn't work in a Magic Band, how does the Magic Band still work if the battery is dead? Guess I'm curious.

If the battery doesn't work in a Magic Band, how does the Magic Band still work if the battery is dead? Guess I'm curious.
Power for all touch points is from the touch point, not the band. Only remote scans need the battery on the band

MagicBand 2 has been available for quite some time now. The unreleased one is MagicBand+.
I was thinking this too. In addition, the verbiage on these bands reads.
  • Functionality of the MagicBand 2 is exactly the same as the original MagicBand and the Visual ID number remains etched on back of the center icon.

One PLUS to the upcoming MagicBand+ is that it's rechargeable and will include a magnetic charger.

Magic Bands have two separate radio frequency identification (RFID) circuits... one passive, one active. An RFID is little more than a unique identifier tag, it doesn't store any info it just links you to your My Disney Experience account.
  • As Mrs.AMC notes, passive RFID relies on electromagnetic power from the reader (hotel room lock, turnstile, Lightning Lane scanner, payment pad, etc.), it only needs enough power to supply your tag info
  • Active RFID has a battery is constantly and continuous broadcast your tag at a range of about ~15 feet (that can vary according to conditions). Rides read this tag and match it to your photos, videos (7DMT) , and can provide individualized interactions
Without a battery, you can still unlock your resort room, enter the park, enter lightning lanes, pay with MB, confirm tickets for any after-hours events, etc. But you would have to find your photo after the ride and manually touch the MB to the touch point to save it.

Picture1-1.png

Magic Bands have two separate radio frequency identification (RFID) circuits... An RFID is little more than a unique identifier tag, it doesn't store any info it just links you to your My Disney Experience account.
  • As Mrs.AMC notes, passive RFID relies on electromagnetic power from the reader (hotel room lock, turnstile, Lightning Lane scanner, payment pad, etc.), it only needs enough power to supply your tag info
  • Active RFID has a battery is constantly and continuous broadcast your tag at a range of about ~15 feet (that can vary according to conditions). Rides read this tag and match it to your photos, videos (7DMT) , and can provide individualized interactions
Without a battery, you can still unlock your resort room, enter the park, enter lightning lanes, pay with MB, confirm tickets for any after-hours events, etc. But you would have to find your photo after the ride and manually touch the MB to the touch point to save it.
This is amazing info. I have bands that are 7-years old that I thought I would need to replace. Now I can just get one for my DD 6 and we should show up in the photos. You kept Disney from getting some of my money! That is a Kodak moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter