• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been sub’d to TTT channel for many years now… since around 2012 I believe. I started watching their videos more heavily the past 4 years, though, when it seemed their Disney content ramped up. My wife and daughter have started watching more of his content with me since then as well.

The thing I like about their videos are:
  • They are family friendly which means I won’t run in to any … surprises … when watching with my kid.
  • They are honest; at least as far as I can tell. This is especially noticeable in their vlogs on foods (many times I’ve heard them express their disdain for a particular food item) and when they are shopping (many times they have commented on something being more expensive than they deem worthwhile).
  • They have a pretty even keel with their personalities; they’re not overly negative but aren’t annoyingly bubbly/fake.

To top it off, we ran in to Tim this past Saturday at Universal City Walk. My family chatted with him briefly. I didn’t want to take up too much of his time but I thanked him for putting out content that is family friendly and we congratulated them on their pregnancy. He was nothing but kind; the exact same way he is in his videos. My wife knew I would feel weird asking for a picture so she asked him for me and he was happy to oblige: "Sure, absolutely". Others came up to talk and he was the same way toward them. I didn’t expect anything less but it was still refreshing to see the same guy in the videos has the same demeanor outside of his videos. I will say, the one thing that caught me off guard was that he’s tall! I never got the impression he was above 6 feet in his videos but I'd guess he's 6'5". I felt like a pipsqueak next to him. lol

I met Tim last year while he was videoing at the Character Warehouse. We had a quick chat and he posed for a photo with me. He was really sweet and didn't seem to mind the interruption at all. (I waited til he wasn't speaking) Wish I'd asked if I could "Pay the Price"IMG_2243.JPG

Last edited:
Yeah, I can't speak for TT because I don't watch his vlogs regularly but there are a couple of Disney vloggers out there who lack knowledge. Needless to say, I don't watch them anymore so if they know less then me, then why bother?

Yeah, I can't speak for TT because I don't watch his vlogs regularly but there are a couple of Disney vloggers out there who lack knowledge. Needless to say, I don't watch them anymore so if they know less then me, then why bother?

I get it. And I see this said as a prime reason for not watching X/Y/Z’s channel. Frankly, the collective knowledge between my family exceeds every vlogger/blogger I can think of. But the reason we watch them isn’t so much for the Disney trivia aspect. We watch because these videos are our way to get a “Disney fix” between vacations. Additionally, through these vlogs, we can get a feel for what the parks are like. Prime example: we went to Universal for the first time in 15 years this weekend. We pulled up some vlogs from a couple of our go-to’s and watched them so we could get an idea of the layout, the rides, the foods, how Harry Potter World was set up, etc. I wasn’t looking for the absolute authority; I was looking for a guide.

So, I get it. It boils down to the content providing what you are looking for. If it’s not there, there’s no reason to watch it.

I get it. And I see this said as a prime reason for not watching X/Y/Z’s channel. Frankly, the collective knowledge between my family exceeds every vlogger/blogger I can think of. But the reason we watch them isn’t so much for the Disney trivia aspect. We watch because these videos are our way to get a “Disney fix” between vacations. Additionally, through these vlogs, we can get a feel for what the parks are like. Prime example: we went to Universal for the first time in 15 years this weekend. We pulled up some vlogs from a couple of our go-to’s and watched them so we could get an idea of the layout, the rides, the foods, how Harry Potter World was set up, etc. I wasn’t looking for the absolute authority; I was looking for a guide.

So, I get it. It boils down to the content providing what you are looking for. If it’s not there, there’s no reason to watch it.
This is how we feel too. I've not been to the parks for nearly 20 years, so once we had booked for this December we started looking at all kinds of vlogs. Tim was just entertaining and easy to watch. We were after ideas and thoughts rather than plans and strategies, so his vlogs are the ones we stuck with.

Also, no horrible music in his vlogs and no hyper-excitement which we find very annoying to watch.

I met Tim last year while he was videoing at the Character Warehouse. We had a quick chat and he posed for a photo with me. He was really sweet and didn't seem to mind the interruption at all. (I waited til he wasn't speaking) Wish I'd asked if I could "Pay the Price"View attachment 453380
Wow! That's amazing how you were able to get Tim to stand on a side wall with you.

I watch them pretty regularly. Sometimes I notice they play dumb (at least I hope they are playing LOL), I think it is so that viewers will comment to answer their dumb question or correct them, this boosts engagement on their channel so I suppose it works, but I do feel like I am losing brain cells watching them sometimes. Overall I like them, and I like staying up to date on what is going on at Disney so I still watch. I follow a few other Disney Vloggers also, the Trackers would not be my favorite, but they cover a lot.

At first I thought the YouTube restrictions would not affect them much, but I just read this entire thread from the beginning and several people commented that they do not watch Tim but their kids do watch, so now I wonder what their demographic really is...

Last edited:

I really enjoy their resort vlogs. We're coming this Dec but plan to return in 2021/2 and are definitely staying at Wilderness lodge based soley on seeing all their resort vlogs and comparing prices etc after watching them.

I really enjoy their resort vlogs. We're coming this Dec but plan to return in 2021/2 and are definitely staying at Wilderness lodge based soley on seeing all their resort vlogs and comparing prices etc after watching them.
That is how I found them, I was searching for reviews of HRH and saw theirs. Then another time I saw a tour of OKW and I was like hey it's that same guy with the funny voice. LOL

I watch his videos occasionally and find it entertaining. I don't understand the hate though. There's nothing really offensive in their videos. I guess people like to hate nice people.

I have thought of doing a blog, but I tend to be a very private person. I don't know if I would like my life recorded on You Tube.

I guess people like to hate nice people.

People are just jerks. TimTracker vids aside.

I have thought of doing a blog, but I tend to be a very private person. I don't know if I would like my life recorded on You Tube.

My bro-in-law and a friend of his (both in their late 30's) started a YouTube channel earlier this year. It's Star Wars based, but with other content focusing on 80s/90s nostalgia. Some of the comments people leave are outlandish; for a simple Star Wars discussion. I abide by the rule "if you wouldn't say it to their face, don't say it at all". Too many people hiding behind a screen saying things they would never say in person.

Not to get off topic, but I watch some Disney YouTubers and some beauty/fashion YouTubers. Sometimes I find one that is a really sweet and nice person, she starts doing fashion, or vlogs with shopping hauls and unboxings, wants to grow her channel and her YouTube Community, and I actually feel bad for the person knowing what is ahead for them, because they could be the nicest, sweetest, most genuine person in the world and the bigger their channel grows the more haters and criticism they will get. Whenever I see a YouTuber that I like I just hope that these people can develop thick skins because that is part of the game unfortunately, and you can see it coming a mile away.

Yes, I understand. I sometimes watch just to get an idea of parks also but was still very surprised by the lack of knowledge of one vlogger in particular. I also regularly watch a very popular live streamer who has very good knowledge besides being entertaining, to get an idea of what happening at the parks and resorts.

I met Tim last year while he was videoing at the Character Warehouse. We had a quick chat and he posed for a photo with me. He was really sweet and didn't seem to mind the interruption at all. (I waited til he wasn't speaking) Wish I'd asked if I could "Pay the Price"View attachment 453380
Nice pic! My dh and I joke that because of him, the Character Warehouse has become too crowded to go to! The secret is now out! It has always been crowded, but we went there a couple of weeks ago and arrived when they opened at 10am. There was a line - to get into the line - to enter the store. Seriously. It took about an hour just to get in. And, the line to check out had to be at least 45 minutes long! I stood in line for about 15 minutes, it didn't move, so I put back what I was going to buy. Not worth it! Impossible to shop when shelves aren't being replenished and you can't walk around the store. Thanks, Tim!

My 20 yo daughter and I love Tim’s channel. We find it entertaining and funny lol. “Theme Park pigeon songs, “monoraiiiil”, those lil quirks we crack up about. So happy that they’re pregnant!

At the end of the day, everything isn’t for everybody. No need to hate on those you don’t like though. There are you tubers I don’t care for and simply don’t watch nor comment on.

I love the Trackers! I had never even watched YouTube videos before this spring. I was looking for some coverage of the Star Wars land opening in DL and someone on here said that Tim Tracker was there covering it. I looked him up on YouTube and found a live stream he did on one of the media preview days. After that I got caught up with videos he and Jenn had made in the previous months and got hooked.

I love how quirky Tim is and Jenn seems really sweet and charming. Plus they seem like the epitome of "couple goals" to me. I'm so happy for them having their baby boy any day now! Love their home vlogs just as much if not more than their park videos!

I watch his videos occasionally and find it entertaining. I don't understand the hate though. There's nothing really offensive in their videos. I guess people like to hate nice people.

Its been said up-thread that Jenn's vocal opinions on her political beliefs have left a bad taste in some people's mouths. Both because of her stance but also because she's mixing it with business which can be unprofessional. In addition, their content has changed and shifted as they've gained popularity. Personally, I don't find it a bad thing and think its good for them to expand and take advantage of sponsored videos, but some see it as selling out or a money grab I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter