• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with this. I'm less mad at Tim and far more annoyed that the general public are dumb enough to make these youtube people famous. Especially all of these little boys getting screaming girls mobbing them over absolutely ridiculous videos they make dancing around and trying to be funny. It just proves to me how dumbed down society has become. What's even sadder is the parents that allow their children to throw money at these boys and PAY to send emoji's etc... It's mind boggling to me that you are required to have zero talent to be famous these days as long as a bunch of girls think you're cute. We really should be teaching our daughters better. We're literally teaching them that you should give your money and gifts to the beautiful people just for being attractive. It's super weird but nothing surprises me anymore. There's a documentary on Hulu called "Jawline" all about this new sensation. There's another docuseries I watched about the same thing and I think that one was called "Magcon". These boys are being exploited (one boy, from the documentary, that was used and never paid works at the Starbucks I frequent) and they have these meet and greets where they come out on stage and literally do nothing at all but jump around. I WISH I were kidding. lol I know I'm going totally off topic but this thread brought this to mind.

Okay, what are you talking about here? I have NEVER heard about anything remotely like this. My kids spend a lot of time on YouTube (they are boys though so maybe I'm out of the loop on what girls are watching?) I also consider myself pretty "plugged in" to pop culture and have never even heard references to this.

I've never heard of the "jumping boy phenomenon" myself, but then the YouTube channels I follow don't rank high on the Cult of Personality scale, nor involve any teenybopper fandom. Is that what BTS stands for? Bouncing Teen Singers? Yeah I don't know these things.

My oldest niece watches tons of Minecraft videos. Talk about a lucrative market- film yourself playing a game and become rich. Throw in the popularity of video game championships, and we're looking at a future of people with carpel tunnel and bad posture.

They got a Tesla!!!

Snack on that!!! :rotfl:

Not an achievement. Almost everyone in my neighborhood has had one for years. Around here, Maclaren 720S is the status symbol. So many people have even those that we have seen at least one in every color they come in. Also, did you know Ferrari makes a station wagon? Yep, seen a few of those too.

Teslas are like Honda Civics around here.

Not an achievement. Almost everyone in my neighborhood has had one for years. Around here, Maclaren 720S is the status symbol. So many people have even those that we have seen at least one in every color they come in. Also, did you know Ferrari makes a station wagon? Yep, seen a few of those too.

I don't really care.

I just know it would annoy people for no good reason. :p

Last edited:

I agree with this. I'm less mad at Tim and far more annoyed that the general public are dumb enough to make these youtube people famous. It just proves to me how dumbed down society has become.

SO TRUE! I think this all the time. The Trackers aren't star YouTubers by a long shot, just in the Disney world. There are far more popular/famous YouTubers out there and I just don't get why they are at all. The fact that they can make the kind of money they do by just video recording themselves is mind boggling. It will be interesting to see where they are in 10 more years. I hope they are saving some of these funds so they are set for life, as I just don't see it still going on for the next 25-30 years until normal retirement age.

This too! I find some of the comments funny as to the things the Trackers have. Teslas are just normal where I live. I have a friend that has two of them. All of our gas stations have chargers. And this McMansion that cost the Trackers 450K....gasp! You can only buy a small townhouse here for that. Their house is nothing special AT ALL.

This too! I find some of the comments funny as to the things the Trackers have. Teslas are just normal where I live. I have a friend that has two of them. All of our gas stations have chargers. And this McMansion that cost the Trackers 450K....gasp! You can only buy a small townhouse here for that. Their house is nothing special AT ALL.

LOL. Seriously. I WISH we could buy a house for "only" $450k. Our mortgage payment would be half our rent payment...

To them it is though. Think about putting almost all of your life on the internet for strangers to watch. I know many many hours go into filming, editing, etc. It is easy to criticize them. Let them have their moment and if you don't like it, don't watch. Why be so critical?

A 450k house would be really special to me. And I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Tesla where I live. :confused3

We all have different perspectives.

Forget about the car and house. I am amazed that in a recent vlog, they bought 3 desserts from Amorette's Patisserie at Disney Springs. That place has some expensive goodies and I've never been able to justify buying one. Oh, and then they ate all 3 in one sitting! Now that is special! :laughing:

SO TRUE! I think this all the time. The Trackers aren't star YouTubers by a long shot, just in the Disney world. There are far more popular/famous YouTubers out there and I just don't get why they are at all. The fact that they can make the kind of money they do by just video recording themselves is mind boggling. It will be interesting to see where they are in 10 more years. I hope they are saving some of these funds so they are set for life, as I just don't see it still going on for the next 25-30 years until normal retirement age.
This is so true because, if it's that easy to become famous now, they will all be a dime a dozen before too long. Keeping fame when the entire world has access to it is going to be a whopper!

Cars that cost more than the median household income will look extravagant to the majority of Americans. Everyone doesn't live in fancy pants neighborhoods.

And I say this as someone who has a neighbor with a Murcielago. :lmao:

Its all relative. Might not mean much where you live, but that doesn't matter. Where they live, these things are what would be considered upper middle class (IMO). $450K in Orlando will buy you a nicely appointed 2,000+ square foot home in many areas. It also looks like their house is a relatively new build. As far as the Tesla, where I live in NY, they are not common at all. The closest Tesla dealer is over two hours away so no one really has them. They are far more popular on the west coast because that's where they were first distributed. I realize they aren't the top of the line as far as luxury goes, but its still a decently priced car for someone who earns all their income making Disney videos. And that's the point - they're living well or at least in line with how many of us here live, but as a result of YouTube earnings. People either hate that or respect it.

Okay, what are you talking about here? I have NEVER heard about anything remotely like this. My kids spend a lot of time on YouTube (they are boys though so maybe I'm out of the loop on what girls are watching?) I also consider myself pretty "plugged in" to pop culture and have never even heard references to this.
Go check out the documentaries I mentioned. I had no idea about this either but trust me, the little girls aren't swooning over the actors or singers in the teen magazines anymore lol. These are just the boys next door filming themselves being....well teenage boys and if you're cute enough and get enough followers you go on tours called meet and greets and they have managers etc. You would be shocked at how ignorant it all is, but it's happening. One of the boys was so popular that he shut down the streets in Malan during fashion week, by his hotel when fans found out he was there. I just looked it up, it's not called "Magcon", that was the name of the tour he ran. The show is called "Chasing Cameron" and the one on Hulu is called "Jawline". Here's an article.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...ands-fans-line-streets-catch-glimpse-him.htmlAAAABaQ05aVjtbuyoXVP9lTS9XzHQ6Wdkg8RVfVcE4NrQlB-fOaCYvYbU3QkY7lHzbuVfBI26GSBCCafI3I8jacyaq6RyH...jpg

Man — some of these negative comments are sounding borderline cra-cra. Even a new account that steps in without missing a beat to pile on with a writing style suspiciously similar to existing posts. It seems personal. Even if it isn't personal, it sure seems like an unhealthy obsession.

If you're referring to me as the "new account," I am my own person. I'm not "cra-cra," and it's not personal.

I'm was only commenting in observation like others had done - observations I had personally made over the years that stuck with me. If others have said similar, I can't control that. I had said that I was reading the thread for a bit, so I suppose that's why I didn't "miss a beat." Isn't that allowed?

I don't watch them regularly anymore, actually. I pretty much stopped after the baby was born save for a random recommendation that pops up on YouTube. So no, there's no obsession with me.

But if the Trackers have taught me anything, it's not to blindly believe every word a YouTuber says or puts out on their channel as the gospel truth. :)

Anyways, I wish them well going forward and Jackson is adorable.

I feel the same way. I tried watching some of their stuff, but just couldn't get past the lack of knowledge they have. I prefer vloggers who know what they are talking about. I like Adam Hattan and This Orlando Life much, much more than the Trackers. I also found TT to have an annoying personality. Just rubbed me the wrong way.
I use to watch them a lot more but I feel like if you are gonna be a disney blogger then you should know more than I do. I live in Kentucky and have only been to Disney 4 times and I consider myself more if an expert than tim and I feel like he tries less and less to give facts, etc. he doesn't even ride most rides anymore. but I also find the bullying especially about the pregnancy very childish. having fertility issues xan be very very difficult esp for a woman so for pll to say it was all a lie is just the epitome of evil whether you like someone or not.

LOL. Seriously. I WISH we could buy a house for "only" $450k. Our mortgage payment would be half our rent payment...

Yeah, the average price in my city for a house is 620k, and most are over 100 years old. The only way I'll ever be a home owner here is if I win the lottery. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter