• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are people not fans of the Tim Tracker?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually remember watching that video way back when, I think taking issue with it out of context is just ridiculous and more effort than just moving on.
It's not out of context at all. They apologized for this and other behavior for only one reason. They realized that such commentary was hurting their YouTube views. So, for the sake of making more money, they decided to cut back on the insensitive jokes. They haven't changed one scintilla.

It's not out of context at all. They apologized for this and other behavior for only one reason. They realized that such commentary was hurting their YouTube views. So, for the sake of making more money, they decided to cut back on the insensitive jokes. They haven't changed one scintilla.
Yes I remember them apologizing and me thinking that if I were in their shoes I wouldn't have, but I understood why they did as a brand/image...that is what all these channels are BTW..people make money off YouTube. So what.

What I'm questioning here is the amount of attention people who dislike them (and others) put into following what they do just to continue hating on them, almost as if they need to hate on others to make themselves feel better.

There are many channels I dislike, and I simply don't watch, I may have an opinion on some but I'm not keeping up with what they are doing simply to go on and talk about them.

I’m kind of indifferent to them. I check in here because if someone said the kid content was reduced, I’d give them another try. I did like their ride reviews, etc., but I got tired of every episode being “Jackson does this for the first time.”
Jackson has done a few things for the "first" time recently, a second time. They obviously forgot that he had already had that "first time". I am over them and the exploitation of that poor child. All they do is eat (and eat and eat and eat) and go on "vacation" now, 10 minutes from home. I will never believe or feel it's OK to drag a little one around like that. It simply isn't good for him to be in different beds so often and to be out in the theme parks on almost a daily basis. He is 18 months old and still can't even feed himself and doesn't have a single real word in his vocabulary.

Feeling contrived is why we moved on, after the channel became so baby-centric and deliberate. Early videos changed from the fun tag along style to feeling like a commercial.

Feeling contrived is why we moved on, after the channel became so baby-centric and deliberate. Early videos changed from the fun tag along style to feeling like a commercial.
I have to agree. I have not been able to put my finger on it, but since their baby was born, the vibe changed. I expected that, but I just lost interest. I think they are good people, but because I am out of the baby stage, I am more interested in park content.

I started watching his videos recently and find them fairly entertaining. Then I did a little digging and discovered some message board where people were pretty vitrolic especially to his wife Jenn. I don't quite get it. I'm of the mindset if you don't like what you're watching, just stop watching.
I’ve been wondering what this is all about too. I love the trackers but also found that message board. I don’t understand how people can say such cruel things.

Jackson has done a few things for the "first" time recently, a second time. They obviously forgot that he had already had that "first time". I am over them and the exploitation of that poor child. All they do is eat (and eat and eat and eat) and go on "vacation" now, 10 minutes from home. I will never believe or feel it's OK to drag a little one around like that. It simply isn't good for him to be in different beds so often and to be out in the theme parks on almost a daily basis. He is 18 months old and still can't even feed himself and doesn't have a single real word in his vocabulary.
I feel like Jackson lives a pretty great life. He has way more experiences than my poor two year old stuck in the Midwest. Jackson also gets to hang out with mom and dad all day, sounds awesome to me! I think he seems to be doing great developmentally. Doesn’t seem behind for an 18 month old whatsoever.

I’ve been wondering what this is all about too. I love the trackers but also found that message board. I don’t understand how people can say such cruel things.
Some stuff on that board is very cruel and just ridiculous, but lots of it is just the plain truth.

I feel like Jackson lives a pretty great life. He has way more experiences than my poor two year old stuck in the Midwest. Jackson also gets to hang out with mom and dad all day, sounds awesome to me! I think he seems to be doing great developmentally. Doesn’t seem behind for an 18 month old whatsoever.
Our ideas of raising kids is very different. I really don't see how sitting in a stroller all day in the blazing sun of Florida and hopping from one hotel to another is a great life for anyone. Really think about that. You think that is a "great" life for a little kid? When does it stop? Will Jenn and Tim stop all of this when it's time for him to go to school in a few years? It will be interesting to see how that goes! And he can't/isn't allowed, to even feed himself, so no he isn't doing "great" developmentally. Not saying he isn't a smart little guy, because he is, but at some point, this weird parenting of theirs IS going to cause him some sort of harm. Sorry, I find it sad! I think he needs routine and some stability. His mother can't even ride in the front seat away from him, in the car, without crying about it.

I've already posted, but it's been awhile. I've definitely cut down on how much I watch them, but I"m still subscribed. I just skip a lot more than I used to. not really interested in the baby, home repairs, home cooking vlogs, but I don't hate them, just usually skip . I still appreciate that they go to other locations besides Disney. It's pretty hard to find vlogs/info on Seaworld, Busch gardens, and even Universal. Love getting some info on the beaches in FL. we would like to try a new beach, (we usually do Pensacola,) so I like seeing what is out there. plus some of the other Florida tourist places. I wish we'd seen their vlog on the restaurants/shopping near Margaritaville, before we stayed at AKL last year. we had a transition day during our split stay, and were looking for places to eat. the next day, their vlog was out. I appreciate all the Orlando content they have too, since when we go to Florida, we do other things besides Disney. Hubby can't stand watching them tho....although he doesn't like any vloggers much.
I do also watch Paging Mr Morrow, I like his, but he seems to just love every restaurant he goes too. The DIS do the best restaurant/food reviews. They seem to tell it like it is.

I don't watch many of their vlogs anymore, but I did catch part of a home vlog where they were reading Jackson a book and had to make a big point about how it was from a local LGBTQ+ author. I think that's great, but the need to make such a point about it made me roll my eyes. They're trying very hard to get back into the good graces of Disney and others who dropped them after their old vlogs resurfaced it seems.

We watch them because it is a good mix of in park experiences and eating at restaurants, etc. There are other channels where I feel like they eat at restaurants we want to see reviewed but never show footage from the parks and then there are vloggers who show tons of in park footage but only eat Starbucks and chicken fingers from the qs locations. This is a good mix of how we do the parks and what we want to see for content. I do not watch the home vlogs but they are easy enough to just skip over. It is not my place to judge what they do with their child as to each their own. I do not care what they do outside of the parks but for me this is the best Disney content and reviews I can find that fit the things we like so this is what we tune into most often and their number of subscribers reflect that in my opinion.

Last edited:
I never found them interesting. Based off of the comments it looks like they have a kid now. Happy for them.

I don't anywhere near as much now. Not since it started being more about his family.

My opinion of the Trackers has changed. I just don't care any more. I'll periodically watch part of a video if the place they're going to sounds interesting (and isn't Disney). I'm sure they're very concerned that I unsubscribed from their Youtube channel. :rotfl:

My two girls and I watch them all the time. I like them because they seem to be good, honest people who generally have not used their forum as a soapbox. They are kind of what you see is what you get, real people. I think that they "ride the fence" or are simply closed-mouth about most hot button issues, which make them a bit "vanilla" in the eyes of some. I appreciate that they don't "over" exaggerate what the parks have to offer, nor do they hide their dislike of experiences, food, etc. From my perspective, the fact that they bring their child with them while they vlog isn't exploitation, every young child should be so lucky to spend that much time with their parents at such a variety of places.

Yes I remember them apologizing and me thinking that if I were in their shoes I wouldn't have, but I understood why they did as a brand/image...that is what all these channels are BTW..people make money off YouTube. So what.

What I'm questioning here is the amount of attention people who dislike them (and others) put into following what they do just to continue hating on them, almost as if they need to hate on others to make themselves feel better.

There are many channels I dislike, and I simply don't watch, I may have an opinion on some but I'm not keeping up with what they are doing simply to go on and talk about them.
I tried to watch again today... still not a fan. But just won’t watch or comment on their videos. Not worth the time or energy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter