Are points up for Disney Calif? and what is concierge like there?

treloarf

DIS Veteran
We are planning a Calif. trip next Aug. and would like to stay at DC. Do the points seem higher for 2002? Also, what is included in the conceige room? Is it worth the extra pts?

I'm not sure what DC is but we have stayed at both DLH (Disneyland Hotel) and the GC (Grand Californian). We have only done the concierge at the DLH. This was a couple of years ago. We enjoyed it very much. There was a continental breakfast each morning and wine and cheese with a few other finger foods each afternoon. The rooms were the same size both in concierge and in the regular rooms. At the time it was absolutely our favorite stay at DL. We have now stayed at the GC twice and it is now our favorite. Have not stayed on the concierge level but have had DD and DCA views. We had a wonderful time during both stays. The last one in May was a 3rd floor room overlooking Grizzly Peak. It was magical. We used points for our first stay in January and paid cash in May. Unless we have extra points in the future, I don't think we will use points again. In January we used 70 points for a Fri, Sat. stay, which was a lot considering we have to get our Florida fix also this year. Both places are expensive, the GC more so but the Disney experience is what we are looking for. Since the addition of DCA, the GC, and DD it is much more an experience like Florida where you can easily spend several days and immerse yourself in the Disney Magic. There have been other posters in the past with concierge experience at the GC but haven't seen one for a while. Also, I have not seen the points for the DL resorts for 2002 yet.

The points for Disney's Grand CA, Disneyland Hotel and Disney's Paradise Pier are all posted on the member site. They offer 5 different options for each.

I'm assuming you wanted the Grand CA. The choices are:
Standard view, DD view, DCA view, Concierge/Regular; Concierge/DCA view. There are Value, Regular and Peak Seasons.

For August 1-24 you would be Peak Season. 8/25-31 are Regular Season.

Peak
SV - Su-Th 30 F-Sa 54
DD View - Su-Th 33 F-Sa 59
DCA View - Su-Th 35 F-Sa 63
Concierge Reg - Su-Th 43 F-Sa 77
Concierge DCA - Su-Th 46 F-Sa 83

Regular
SV - Su-Th 26 F-Sa 47
DD View - Su-Th 29 F-Sa 52
DCA View - Su-Th 32 F-Sa 58
Concierge Reg - Su-Th 40 F-Sa 72
Concierge DCA - Su-Th 42 F-Sa 76

This year there were no view differentiations. August 1-25 was 31 points Su-Th and 41 points for Fri-Sa

August 26-31 were Su-Th 28 and Fri-Sa 38

Just updating -- Per NFalzon's post, there are errors in the Disneyland charts that were posted on the Member Site. The 2002 chart has been taken down to be corrected.

Since I can't get into the member site at all. Does anyone know what the DVC points were for California for a week day in January. I think I am looking at January 8 and 9.

Thanks!

Figure these may be lower than actual (that was NFalzon's experience)

1/2-3/21 is Value Season

Value
SV - Su-Th 25 F-Sa 45
DD View - Su-Th 28 F-Sa 50
DCA View - Su-Th 29 F-Sa 52
Concierge Reg - Su-Th 37 F-Sa 67
Concierge DCA - Su-Th 40 F-Sa 72

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter