Are Savvanah rooms stinky?

chucksusanandgrace

Mouseketeer
OUr daughter has pet allergies, but does fine when we visit Animal Kingdom and go on the Safari Ride. She tolerates being outside, etc.

I'm just wondering if there is an animal smell in the Savvanah rooms.

Thank you.

Susan

So you must really love those rooms if you've stayed twice. Do you recommend upgrading from pool view to savvanah? Thank you kindly

I have severe allergies and I've never had a problem. I make sure to have my Epipen and benedryl on me at all time. we love AKL, it's the perfect resort.

We have done AKL savannah view once and it didn't smell at all. AKL is my wife's favorite resort and solely because of the savannah view!

The first time we stayed at Kidani we had a standard view room to save points. (we are DVC) We loved our room! Our view was of the bus stop, which seems bad but we actually enjoyed sitting on the balcony at night watching all the families come back from the Parks. We were also able to see distant views of fireworks from MK, which we totally didn't expect!!

Then, a couple of years ago, we decided to splurge and do a savanna view. Well, now I am completely spoiled for future trips, because savanna view was amazing and completely worth it!! We totally enjoyed seeing so many different animals at different times of day. If you can afford it, I'd say go for it.

We stayed at Jambo House Savannah view on the 2nd floor, which is below the main check in floor and ground level with the animals, and it was not stinky at all. The animals are far enough away from the balconies that you can't smell them.

My fave resort and we stay there all the time. Savannah rooms are the best, no smell. No reactions for me and I'm allergic to many things.

I never smelled anything from the rooms when briefly we stayed there. However, I do recall swimming at night (in December) and some times the smell of animal excrement would waft through the air at the pool. It was not a constant smell though. I would definitely stay again. Great resort!

Love Akl! Never smelled animals from my room....and I’ve stayed savannah standard and pool. I too have noticed a smell around the pool.....flamingoes maybe? I think they are pretty close to the pool and I think they have a pretty strong odor....

We've stayed savanna view and as other have said, no animal smell. AKL is an amazing resort, you will love it! Have a great trip! :wizard:

No smells in all our stays there either. I'd think the distance from the animals is why folks don't have allergy problems too. It's not like they get up in the rooms or anything. Isn't it dander that folks are typically allergic to?
No smell and no drunks, either.
But are there drunk animals?
We did the safari last week and they were mentioning one of the trees had a fruit the elephants eat that can make them drunk LOL
Guess maybe that's why there are no elephants at the Lodge LOL

We own DVC at AKL and only stay in Savanna rooms when we're there. No, there is no smell. You're not that close to the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter