• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are swim rings allowed in pools?

CK1

DIS VET / DVC member
Just wondering what type "toys" WDW allows in their pools. We're not hauling a 2-man raft or giant dolphin down there, obviously, but dd does have a fish swim ring that she's quite attached to....I know some pools put up strict "no floats" rules at other places (just because it gets too hard to draw the line on what is accepatble and what isn't!) What's the WDW policy?

Thanks!!

Cindy

We has brought "floaties or water wings" for our little ones at WL 2 years ago and they were not allowed to go down the slide with them on...they were allowed in the pool. I think the same rule applied at AKL last October

we were in ASMo in june and my DD used her 'floaties'. I asked the CM about the specifics and they make individual decisions on appropriateness (?) of the float. If she's attached and it's not the size of a small yacht, at least at this resort I would say you are safe. The waterparks may be more strict than the resorts.

I have seen kids with small swim rings at most of the resorts.:D

We were told at both ASMu and AKL that water wings on the arms are OK, but that the only type of "floatie" allowed in the pool was one that actually had a little seat that the child was sitting in (ie. for a baby who's not big enough for water wings). I'm guessing it will depend on who the lifeguard is that day !

Mary Liz

I don't think they are permitted at the water parks. Resort pools have different rules.

I was just about to post a similar question....

What about a swim vest. This is almost like a life vest but not as bulky. It adjust arounf the waist and has a strap that goes through the legs. Our soon to be 4yo DS uses this in out pool at home.

I think you'd be fine with a swim vest. As long as the child is wearing it, I can't see it would be a problem. I think their intent is to not have a bunch of toys in the pools.

Mary Liz

I thought the resort hotels supplied swim vests on request, like they do at the water parks.

When we were at CSR in May the lifeguard would not allow my 3 year old to use a swim ring or arm floaties in the pool. She was offered a lifejacket, but the smallest one was way too big for her and covered her face in the water.
We were very disappointed by the whole pool experience because of this. I did send an email voicing my disappointment but never got a reply.

We had a "safety seal" on our 3 yr old at the Polynesian. Not a problem with the life guards. Your child steps into it, it has padding on both front and back that is held on with straps that you pull to tighten. It fits very snug. She loved it and it was very safe but didn't get in her way as she swam. She was allowed to go down the slide with it. If your at all curious about this, I got it from the toys-r-us web site. :D Have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter