Are the Christmas decorations still pretty during the day?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
Dh and I will be visiting Disney in early December for a long weekend. We have plans to do Epcot one day (including a Candlelight processional dining package) and MVMCP another day. I'd really love to see all the resorts decorated, but it looks like the time we will have free for that will be on our last day, during the day--we have ALL day long, though. We are staying at YC and our flight home isn't until 9 pm. My thought was to sleep in (will be the morning after MVMCP) and then a late breakfast at Kona cafe (will probably Uber or Minnie Van to Poly.) After breakfast we could visit Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and WL. Then head back to YC in time for our DME pick up.

Is that a good plan?

I think that's an *awesome* plan. Since the extent of the Christmas decorations at the GF, CR, and WL don't extend too much past the lobby, I'd say that they're just as beautiful in the daylight. Also, I don't think the store inside the GF gingerbread house is open too late, so it's good to know you'll definitely have a chance to try some holiday treats there! Have fun-- sleeping in after a MVMCP, having a late breakfast at Kona and then visiting the resorts to see some holiday decorations sounds like a dream day in my book :cloud9:

Dh and I will be visiting Disney in early December for a long weekend. We have plans to do Epcot one day (including a Candlelight processional dining package) and MVMCP another day. I'd really love to see all the resorts decorated, but it looks like the time we will have free for that will be on our last day, during the day--we have ALL day long, though. We are staying at YC and our flight home isn't until 9 pm. My thought was to sleep in (will be the morning after MVMCP) and then a late breakfast at Kona cafe (will probably Uber or Minnie Van to Poly.) After breakfast we could visit Grand Floridian, Contemporary, and WL. Then head back to YC in time for our DME pick up.

Is that a good plan?

Yup! That's pretty much what we have planned for one of our trip days in December. Since you're in the area, I would walk over to Beach Club and check out their decorations too before hitting the monorail loop.

I think the decorations are lovely during the day. The designers have put a lot of thought into how the decorations look throughout the day, and into the evening, One thing about resort decorations is that the lobbies are never dark, so the decorations need to be visible in natural daylight as well as artificial lighting.

I know people love the MK decorations, however I have found the Epcot has some of my favorites. Throughout the WS lovely topiaries and ornaments are arranged thoughtfully. Beautiful! Please do not forget teh Epcot resorts in your travels. The decorations are pretty darn awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter