• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the davy crockett canoes worth doing

We once did the canoes and both my cousin and I dropped our oars in the water at the same time (accidentally) and the CM told everyone now we were going to be forced to row in a circle. It was pretty hilarious. Not sure if they are attached to the canoe now.
That would have been interesting to see. I was on a canoe with an older lady who didn't paddle, just sat bolt upright and held an umbrella. Think Mary Poppins. Sunny day mind you.

They aren't attached to the canoe, the paddles are just held in your hands. We had people drop theirs and either we went and got them or the canoe behind us would grab them, pass us and laugh loudly. lol I've done them a few times, I've enjoyed it every single time. The last time was amazing, it was my BFF and I (no guys, just the 2 of us) and we couldn't stop laughing, I paddled more than she did but she really enjoyed herself. If they are open, do them!

That would have been interesting to see. I was on a canoe with an older lady who didn't paddle, just sat bolt upright and held an umbrella. Think Mary Poppins. Sunny day mind you.
Some people are not paddlers, they are paddled.

Erm... :oops:

IMHO, It seems the canoes only run on days with high guest counts. That being said, I ride them each time I see they are running; as you may not get a chance the next time you are there. I was a BoyScout and brought back memories of learning the J-stroke.

Can't even imagine how you would attach canoe paddles....it's not a rowboat, after all (funny when I hear all the talk about oars and rowing)

By the way, we have mastered canoeing - but the last time (and only time!) we were in a rowboat, we could NOT figure it out and spent an hour going around in circles about 10 feet from the shore! We were laughing hysterically at ourselves!

Canoes are usually open from like 11-4 on weekends and during the summer weekdays. They dont always operate if the weather is bad. If they are open it is def. worth doing. If you have the right CMs it is hilarious. If you have the wrong CMs it is still a nice trip around the river.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter