Are the mosquitoes as big as houses right now?

Tend to agree with one exception , fort wilderness trails we were eaten alive , not sure how much they spray there

We are planning our trip next September. I was wondering how bad is the mosquito problem in Fort Wilderness because we want to go to Chip 'n' Dale Campfire and usually I'm the main plate for these pests after late afternoon.

The only pests I've come across at WDW are park guests.

Actually, that's not entirely accurate. Last summer, we were walking into our building at Poly late one evening and as I entered, a huge bug flew at me. I screeched like a girl and my wife and DDs couldn't stop laughing hysterically at me. People on the main floor opened their hotel room doors, wondering what was going on. So embarrassing.

In my defense, it was YUGE!
Probably a palmetto bug- aka flying cockroach.

Although Disney clearly sprays, I would just bring a can of Off, just in case.

The wetter the weather, the more chance that you will encounter mosquitoes.

I've only seen one mosquito at WDW in my life while seated waiting for Fantasmic in 2014. Nighttime shows are the only place I bring repellent wipes.
The only time I have been bit is waiting for Jungle Book show to start at AK last summer.

Ok, 1 year ago anyone reading these forums would have thought one could not step foot into WDW without getting attacked by an alligator or contracting Zika virus!

WDW is still providing bug repellant spray if you want it and you are welcome to wear it, bring your own, or go without. But their insect pest management remains stellar and generally you are not likely to be bitten while on WDW property. Sure Zika is still an issue - but so is dengue, yellow fever, chikungunya - and it has not turned into a global epidemic like some were predicting after the Olympics last year. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter