Are the pictures they take on rides automatically available for you to view in the mydisney app?

eric8

Mouseketeer
Or do you have to sign up for something first in order to view/purchase them. For example, after riding tower of terror (if it takes photos), can i pull up the disney app and find our photo there? or do i need to sign up somewhere to view/order them?

If the ride photos link to your MDE (sometimes takes a few hours, occasionally a day or more), they will show up in your MDE app but with a watermark across them. To view or download without a watermark, you need to buy Memory Maker or pay for the individual photo.

To link them, you need a MB linked to your MDE, OR have your phone Bluetooth turned on and set so MDE can access Bluetooth, OR at the end of rides that have the tap points you can tap your MB (or maybe your park ticket - not sure).

Sometimes the MB doesn't get picked up. If there is a tap point, like Tower of Terror, I would go ahead and tap your photo just in case. As long as it's not an old MB or buried under a lot of clothes/in a bag, it usually gets picked though.

Mine usually showed up automatically though occasionally I didn't see them.

Fyi, not sure it this true, but some of the new rides, like tron we only got photos via my wife's magic band plus....nothing for me on my old school magic band

Fyi, not sure it this true, but some of the new rides, like tron we only got photos via my wife's magic band plus....nothing for me on my old school magic band

Old MBs work for close range things, like opening your room door or tapping into the park forever. But the batteries that control long range functions, like picking up ride photos, run out after about 2 years. So anyone using older MBs might miss out on their pictures, unless you are able to tap the preview screen at the end of the ride.

Sometimes it takes up to 48 hours for a photo to show up. If you keep track of times and dates, they can usually find a photo that goes missing from time to time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter