Are the poly village rooms dated?

Nic119

Earning My Ears
Definitely want to stay at poly this summer but was torn between villas and village rooms. Might get a better deal on village rooms but some of the reviews say rooms are dated and not worth money, anyone find this true?
If so, should I just possibly pay more for newer villa rooms?

I found the village room we were in to be not so much dated but worn. Worn carpet, scratched and chipped surfaces, and stains on the furniture. More-so than the Villas which are newer. I believe a refurb is underway for the village rooms.

I really love the poly resort, but I wouldn't stay again until a refurb. I stayed last year and was really surprised by the rooms. I wouldn't consider them deluxe quality. Worn carpets and patchy paint job. The only upside is the size of the rooms and the really nice bathroom. When my mom and I talk about the poly, it usually about how amazing the resort and locations is, never for the rooms.

We stayed at AKL last May in a newly refurbished room and it was great. We also stayed at the Gran Destino Tower this month and it was lovely as well.
Once you stay in the newly remodeled rooms, you see just how dated the previous versions were. No way I spend deluxe money on the Poly until they refurbish all the rooms.

We’ve been considering a brief stay at the Poly; we haven’t stayed there for years. While I know there has been at least one renovation since then, I think we will be waiting for a bit to book there. I can’t say the room decor gives me an urgent desire to stay there now. Great resort, but I think the rooms need to be spiffed up.

We just got back from a stay in a studio. The hallway carpet was gross, as was the sofa bed cushions - lots of stains. The furniture was worn. They definitely need a refurb. However, we LOVED our stay there - we were able to overlook the wear because the resort itself was so awesome, and we would stay there again in heartbeat. (However, we rented DVC points - if I paid $500-$600 a night, I would be more annoyed).

At the end of April 2020 we will be staying at Polynesian Village for 2 weeks in a studio. When I stayed at one last in November 2015, it looked fantastic and we loved it. I'm hoping by then it will see a soft refurbishment if needed.

For the prices they charge for Polynesian, no excuses for having guests check-in with rooms not in tip top shape in my opinion.

FYI, we were there last week and the block of 4 rooms next to ours in Rarotonga were being actively renovated. They were very careful to keep the doors closed all the time, but we caught a few quick peeks and it looked really nice! Wood (or wood-looking) floors, updated furnishings, etc. They replaced the hallway carpeting in front of those rooms too, along with light fixtures, painting and trim in the hall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter