• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the Quick and Casual Vouchers really worth it?

MScott1851

<font color=font color=royalblue>Got a link for th
At first glance, they look great! I've used them from school trips, and I've noticed a lot for sale on Ebay, and usually the person selling them lists a typical meal they purchased with the voucher and how phenomenal the savings were. One example I see a lot is a steak dinner, salad, drink, and dessert at the Pepper Market being $35.00, but thanks to the magic of the voucher, it's affordable!

But I looked at the list of restaurants, pulled the menus up, and realized that most of them offer the same menu: burgers, chicken sandwiches, hot dogs, fries, etc. It seems to me that the people who buy these vouchers would have to cost under 10.00 apiece to see any appreciable savings.

Does anyone have any experience with these? How about restaurants with more "bang for the buck?"

IMHO... they are great if you get them as part of a package, but the people who buy them off EBay are getting shafted...

I guess I buy them mainly for prepaying our meals and not having to worry about it. I think a lot of people buy them to split meals since you get a combo meal (or entree and a side), drink and dessert - and it includes tax and gratuity (although I'm not sure if all people tip when dining at counter service restaurants at WDW...).

Now of course, I probably wouldn't order dessert if we were not using the vouchers.

I agree - people are selling these on Ebay for way too much money - and those buying might not know how much the food costs, or don't want to deal with buying from Connections. I haven't had problems buying from Connections - quick delivery of my vouchers and no problem canceling the membership.

I bought 20 of these for our upcoming trip so we could split lunches and then each have a voucher for dinner. Now we're going to eat at Cinderella's for dinner one night, so I'll have a couple extra - so I guess if I'm starving in the evening, I can always send the hubby for a combo meal snack or something! :D

Or if any of my friends/family is going to Disney World before May 2004, they'll make nice gifts.

Have a nice anniversary trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter