• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the US boards database(s) 'backed up'

Theresa Hudson

Annoyingly Organised
Is the database for US board backed up?

Might we end up loosing everything again, after all the US board has already had a major crash. I can't believe there were no back up's of the UK database.

Theresa

Perhaps the question is best posed on Tech Support - I'd guess that either they would know or know who to ask.

hmmm.....i've posted on the tech board about not being able to get into chat.........along with quite a few others it seems. Not yet had an answer...........not even a "sorry we don't know why":mad: :mad:

No, to my knowledge the US Boards aren't backed up - infact, posts have been lost in the past. It takes a ton of resources as it is to just run boards this size, let alone stretch even further to doing backups - and that's not even touching on the time it would take.

I suggest if there is an extra special post you like, save it as a web-archive on your PC and create your own back-up.

Angie, what exactly is your problem? Have you downloaded the i-chat plugin? How far are you getting before you hit the problem?

Penny :)

Actually, I just checked the Tech Board in order to bump the question again, and there has been a reply that might help...so, just incase you haven't seen it....

Techy post

Penny :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter