Are the value resorts worth it?

It all depends what you "value"

1) Money? - If so .. staying at a value can like half the cost of some moderates. That is maybe $100/day savings. That is significant .. you could stay for an extra day with those savings.

2) Space? - If so, maybe not. I personally feel I just need a place to lay my head down for a few hours after a long day and getting up early and doing it again - I don't really need a spacious room.

3) Time? - If so, maybe not. The Values are pretty far away from the MK (by car or bus), but not really far from the other resorts. The new Skyliner, sorta throws this out of the window with a QUICK route from AoA and Pop to 2 of the 4 parks.

4) Luxury/Amenities? - If so, maybe not. Some people like to be on vacation in luxury they normally don't have. Nice rooms, nice lobbies, nice restaurants, nice pools, etc.

5) Theming? - Depends on what theming you are looking for? Disney characters everywhere or feeling like you are in the South pacific?

For my young family (1yo and 5yo) we have opted for Value and will do so again this fall, because I value money (the money I don't spend on just a "room" can be used for experiences, like shows and dining and souvenirs). I value the cool, garish, larger than life characters that will make my kids go "ooh" and "aah" at this young age. While it would be nice to be on the monorail line, the bus system isn't bad, and I drive .. so I can always just do that.

So .. until they get older we either will do a Value .. or find a condo to share with friends/family outside the parks.

My sister, despite my advice, is choosing to stay at a moderate for their family .. because they want that "luxury" feel when going on their first Disney vacation that they feel the Values don't give them.

Since we drove, we brought a box fan which I’m thinking made all the difference for us. We stayed at Pop and had zero problems with noise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter