• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are the water parks busier on the weekends- specifically in September?

kitty2kidz

Mouseketeer
Planning my trip for the first week of September this year. The way it falls out I have Blizzard Beach on the Saturday before Labor Day~when we arrive and was planning maybe TL the following Saturday before we leave Orlando. I am worried about big weekend crowds~ but then I think, most people probably head to the parks on their 1st and final days ... I dont see much water park talk on the boards. Anyone with September waterpark experience????? Thanks

Hi

Yes we had done the same week as you for two years in a row. We only went to BB but I believe it would affect both the same way. I was told that a lot of the locals go to the water parks on the weekend and it can be busy especially on Saturdays. I think Sundays are a little better because some people have religious services they attend. We went during the week at RD and got to do everything we wanted right away. We spent about 4-5 hours there then left. It was getting busy around 11.

This year we are going in the beginning of August and I have found that I may have to put TL on a Sunday due to scheduling. I read an article about touring the water parks especially on the weekends and they said it is doable if you go at RD and research the most popular rides and do them first. We have done this and it works for us.

We really love the water parks and make sure we visit a few times when we are there.

Happy planning.:)

I have found that everything is more crowded on the weekends because that is when the locals go.

Oh... this is what I was worried about. Seems like these are the best days for me to schedule these in... so if park crowd predictions are between 2&4 do you think the H20 parks be more crowded than that ~ to a crowded feeling level, or also a 2-4 level??

Water parks will be busier than main parks that time of year. The local water park AP is very popular. M-F will be better. A 3-4 crowd in the four main parks is easy, even a 5-6 is fine with a plan. Water parks are much harder with crowds.

I was wondering if most of the local crowds would be diverted to Epcot for F&W and hence leaving the Water parks less crowded? I have one of my Water Park days on a Sunday. Wondering if anyone has insight?:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter