Are there any Disney resorts with balconies?

busy mom

Mouseketeer
We’re looking for a resort with a little balcony to relax on. I don’t see for any of the value resorts, but what about moderates, Swan or Dolphin or one of the lesser expensive deluxe resorts?

We’re trying to stay under $300-350 per night.

For a balcony or patio, you'll need to book a deluxe. But the Polynesian Resort buildings do not have them on the second floor. And I think Beach Club has the small Juliette balconies off some rooms?

None of the Mods; they all have exterior hallways like the Values, and Coronado tower has interior hallways. All of the Deluxes except some Poly rooms have balconies; yacht club and beach club have some really small ones.

This is on the planning site for Disney when someone asked a question about this very topic

the resort hotels with balconies are: Disney's Grand Floridian Resorts & Spa, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's Beach Club Resort, Disney's Yacht Club Resort, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's BoardWalk Inn, Disney's Wilderness Lodge, Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Of the Deluxe Villas not included above, Disney's Riviera Resort, Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, and Disney's Old Key West Resort also have balconies in most rooms

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/question/resorts-balconies-466943/

We’re looking for a resort with a little balcony to relax on. I don’t see for any of the value resorts, but what about moderates, Swan or Dolphin or one of the lesser expensive deluxe resorts?

Just deluxe resorts have balconies, but unless there is a really good room discount or you rent DVC points, it will be difficult to find one in your price range (not totally impossible, depending on time of year - late August is a possibility with a discount). Values and moderates all have outdoor motel style doors with the exception of the family suites at AoA and the Grand Destino Tower. But still no balconies. Some of the rooms at S&D do have balconies.

There are some Swolphin rooms with balconies. I can’t remember for sure which one we stayed at, it was many years ago, but we definitely had a small balcony that faced towards the YC/BC. I feel like it was the Swan.

Our first WDW family trip was to SSR on rented DVC points and we loved it. Very nice balcony on the studio and we loved the paddock pool.

We now went off the deep end and own points.

I believe OKW has huge rooms and rather large balconies.

I have rented DVC points to stay at both Saratoga Springs and Animal Kingdom Villas. We have also stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a discount offer (30% off). These two options have been the most affordable options for rooms with balconies for us.

Your best bet, in your price range, will be looking for rooms at AKL with a discount (most likely, "resort" category) or Swan/Dolphin with a room category that specifically states a balcony room. Otherwise, you would need to consider off-property to stay within your price range. What dates are you hoping for? That will determine pricing as well.

EST balcony we’ve ever had was a stay at OKW in a 1-bdrm. HUGE patio/balcony with a table that sat 4. It overlooked the golf course and was lovely to have breakfast outside-very peaceful. Although, this was also when I got locked out of the room on the balcony when everyone else was gone🤪

YC has normal sized balconies I think all the rooms above first floor have them except 1. Some of the BC room have little Juliette balconies, you can stand on them but that is all, a chair will not fit. All the other deluxe resorts have regular sized balconies. Swan/Dolphin have some rooms with small balconies. The ones I've had at Dolphin will fit a chair and a small table, two chairs will not fit (or maybe they might if you moved the table into the room). You have to book a balcony room and it is an upcharge. I actually have one booked for early April with my AP discount for less than $350. You have to make sure when you book the room to look at the price including tax and resort fee. If you are driving there is also a parking fee.

Dolphin definitely has balconies as a bookable category. I stayed in one in October. It was “resort view with balcony”, but I could see Epcot fireworks at night. Balcony was not huge, but I think 2 people would just fit. Whether you can get it for $300-$350 is a different question. I booked under Marriott’s senior discount which usually the best, and it was just under $400 a night. That was with resort fee and taxes. The booking category is probably 3 levels up from cheapest. Still a deal compared to Disney deluxes.

Rent DVC points ….

EST balcony we’ve ever had was a stay at OKW in a 1-bdrm. HUGE patio/balcony with a table that sat 4. It overlooked the golf course and was lovely to have breakfast outside-very peaceful. Although, this was also when I got locked out of the room on the balcony when everyone else was gone🤪
Without a doubt, the largest and nicest balconies on property. So peaceful for a breakfast or mid-afternoon break or even a dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter