Are there any movies you just CAN'T watch?

Bastard out of Carolina. I watched this movie probably 15 years ago and it disturbed me so much mentally I still cringe when I think about it. I've seen it on TV several times since then and absolutely would never watch it again

I am done with comic book/action movies. There is really only so much superman, batman, avengers, etc. I just can't....

Actually, I'll give you one...

Event Horizon. Scared the hell out of me. And if you ever see the gory bits that were struck out, trust me, you won't sleep for a week. The most nasty film I've ever seen.

Lilo & Stich. Stitch is too creepy. Then there are films like Sophie's Choice, good grief! @Domo I've only seen one of the 3 movies you mentioned--Titanic. I saw it in the theater when it was new and it's on cable all the time now. No desire to see it again.

I will second Sophie's Choice, wow was that disturbing and sad.

Any movie with dogs dying, too much gore, or anything super scary. Im a wimp.

A specific movie that my family knows I can't watch is The Fox and the Hound because I find it too sad. Last time I watched it was when it was released from the vault a few years ago and I spend the whole movie bawling my eyes out with a box of tissues.

I hate super gory but I really can't take any movie where a dog dies or someone is mean to an animal. I remember babysitting my niece and she was sleeping over. I think it was My Dog Skip, but I started literally bawling during that movie, I mean crying my eyes out lol. I tried so hard not to bc I didn't want her to be disturbed, and she always brings up to this day how we watched that movie and I was crying so hard omg hehe.

Last edited:

Anything too violent (including but not limited to Lethal Weapon, Quentin Tarantino movies, etc).

Anything Holocaust related.

Mel Brooks movies (just...why?).

Sad dog movies (or other animal).

Toy Story 3 was so depressing-DD still won't even discuss it!

I always have nightmares after The Wizard of Oz and The Sound of Music.

The only movie I ever walked out of was 8MM (Nicholas Cage about snuff films). The topic was just evil.

This list makes me seem even more neurotic than i am :)

After reading this thread and seeing a few people mention they own a movie but won’t watch it I thought of another one.

What Dreams May Come.

Nope, just no. I watched it once, about a week after my daughter was born, and I have never, ever, ugly cried like I did at that movie. I tried watching it again (almost 18 years later) when it was on tv and got to one part and sobbed again so I won’t try it again. I own it and I’m not sure why I bought it lol

Plus, watching a Robin Williams movie still hurts.

O.k. I will likely be the only person that says this but mine is It's a Wonderful life. It's so random but it always makes me feel blue. I remember the first time it made me cry was in high school. I remember feeling so sad for those that were struggling with loss especially with holiday season I never wanted to watch it again.

After reading this thread and seeing a few people mention they own a movie but won’t watch it I thought of another one.

What Dreams May Come.

Nope, just no. I watched it once, about a week after my daughter was born, and I have never, ever, ugly cried like I did at that movie. I tried watching it again (almost 18 years later) when it was on tv and got to one part and sobbed again so I won’t try it again. I own it and I’m not sure why I bought it lol

O my goodness yes!! I hear his voice and I want to just cry and cry. Love most of his movies but can’t watch most. Especially Alladin.

I love movies, but I also have a long list of ones I won’t watch.

Most Eli Roth movies
Most comic book/super hero movies
Movies based on horrible books

I had nightmares for weeks(no, make that years) from Event Horizon.

Also, I hate any movie where an animal dies.

I am not a big movie watcher and lose interest easily.
I won't even start watching anything with supernatural stuff in it (demons, ghosts, etc...)
I won't watch horror of any kind
Not big on action movies overall

I like psychological thrillers
SOME love stories are ok, many are just predictable and stupid
Comedies are often poorly done, but some are good

Some movies I don't like that others do:
Elf
Home Alone
Sleepless in Seattle

Both Dumb and Dumber movies and Ace Ventura movies. Stupid and obnoxious are the only words I can think of to describe them, but even that doesn't seem strong enough .

Precious is too painful to watch

Edward Scissorhands. I'm not sure what it is about this movie but I get a really bad feeling every time I've tried watching it and have to shut it off after just a few minutes.

Another I saw recently that I will NEVER watch again and do not recommend, actually stopped it dead with the most horrific scene I have ever seen towards the end, was the movie "Mother!" with Jennifer Lawrence, a whole slew of really great actors, Michelle Pfeiifer, Ed Harris, Javier Bardem, I mean how can it be bad with those great actors but OMG. I saw a critic describe it as the worst movie of the century and I will concur. It's actually captivating at first bc you have no idea where's it's going, and it draws you in, is it going to be a Rosemary's Baby? type which is what I thought, then spirals into this crazy disturbing insanity. Absolutely disgusting. I think it was also bc it was unexpected. If you watch a Saw movie, you know what you're going to get, but did not expect this to go to that horrifying place. I read afterwards it's suppose to maybe have a deeper meaning of how we treat the earth or something, what a crazy disturbing movie. I actually felt angry after I saw it, like how can we put things like this out there and I have this now in my mind. I wanted to write someone and complain lol. Without being a total spoiler lets just say it has to do with a newborn baby.

Last edited:

What Dreams May Come.

Yes!! This one!!! I was just reading the thread wondering why no one has mentioned this one yet. I watched it once and will never watch it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter