Are there places of worship on the Disney Wonder?

There is usually an area set aside for prayers on Sunday. It may be led by a passenger. Also for Jewish Sabbath, there is a place set aside and it also says that it is led by a guest.

On occasion, I have been on a cruise where the Sunday prayers were led by a cast member.

There are not dedicated areas, but guest-run services held in lounges are often listed in the Navigator for Sunday mornings (Christian) and Friday nights (Jewish) when the ships are not embarking.

I have heard that on holidays (e.g., Christmas, Easter) if a religious leader is onboard, he or she may lead services, but I haven’t sailed on a holiday to see firsthand.

There are not dedicated areas, but guest-run services held in lounges are often listed in the Navigator for Sunday mornings (Christian) and Friday nights (Jewish) when the ships are not embarking.

I have heard that on holidays (e.g., Christmas, Easter) if a religious leader is onboard, he or she may lead services, but I haven’t sailed on a holiday to see firsthand.
Yes, on the major holidays, Disney brings a religious leader on board. We were on the Fantasy for Easter this year, and there was a priest on board. Easter Sunday brought with it a sunrise interdenominational service on the pool deck and a Catholic mass in the theater. I believe I saw several other Catholic masses being offered that week in the navigator.

I was on a cruise and they did have a pastor for services for the specific holiday.

They had an Ash Wednesday service on the WBPC this past spring. I think due to scheduled activities at the other venues, they had it in the Walt Disney Theatre. I didn't attend, but accidentally peeked in. The theatre wasn't full, but there was a decent number of people attending.

They had an Ash Wednesday service on the WBPC this past spring. I think due to scheduled activities at the other venues, they had it in the Walt Disney Theatre. I didn't attend, but accidentally peeked in. The theatre wasn't full, but there was a decent number of people attending.
Actually, the priest who was sailing the WBPC cruise celebrated Catholic mass on all of the sea days (in the Buena Vista Theatre) as well as on Ash Wednesday (in the Walt Disney Theatre, as noted in the quoted post) and on the Saturday evening prior to arrival in San Diego (in the D-Lounge). I appreciated the convenience.

Actually, the priest who was sailing the WBPC cruise celebrated Catholic mass on all of the sea days (in the Buena Vista Theatre) as well as on Ash Wednesday (in the Walt Disney Theatre, as noted in the quoted post) and on the Saturday evening prior to arrival in San Diego (in the D-Lounge). I appreciated the convenience.

That's nice to hear.
I'm not religious at all, but this time we're traveling with DMIL .. she's a devout Catholic & will be thrilled to know there will be mass at least on Sunday.

Just a heads-up, from what I've heard on here, if the religious day falls on an embarkation or debarkation day, there usually isn't a church service. For example, I'm on a cruise next year that disembarks on Easter and people here have told me not to expect an Easter service that morning.

Just a heads-up, from what I've heard on here, if the religious day falls on an embarkation or debarkation day, there usually isn't a church service. For example, I'm on a cruise next year that disembarks on Easter and people here have told me not to expect an Easter service that morning.
Correct. The theory is, if you embarking on, say, Easter, you attend a service in the morning on land before heading for the ship. And, if you are debarking that day, you attend a service in the afternoon/evening on land.

That's nice to hear.
I'm not religious at all, but this time we're traveling with DMIL .. she's a devout Catholic & will be thrilled to know there will be mass at least on Sunday.
There may or may not be a Sunday mass, unless you happen to be sailing over a significant holy day. The priest who sailed the WBPC cruise told us that he was on board because of Ash Wednesday falling during the cruise, and that he had also sailed over Easter on a previous cruise. We’ve done a number of longer cruises, TA and PC itineraries, and this was only the second time a priest was sailing and offered mass during the cruises. The other time was a priest just enjoying a vacation trip. We have never had any masses available on 7-night or shorter cruises, although I did attend mass on shore when the ship was in port in Mexico on the first Sunday of a EBPC cruise. Otherwise, somewhat hit or miss in my experience.

Thanks for the reply... the cruise we're taking is an 11 night so maybe there will be a religious service... if there is, where does one find out about it?

That's nice to hear.

If she really wants a "mass" with communion, and not just a passenger led prayer service, she might be disappointed, unless, as was said you are going during a big religious holiday. Of course, depending on where the ship is on Sunday, you might be able to find a church as the port you are visiting.

If she really wants a "mass" with communion, and not just a passenger led prayer service, she might be disappointed, unless, as was said you are going during a big religious holiday. Of course, depending on where the ship is on Sunday, you might be able to find a church as the port you are visiting.

She'll be happy with just a religious service... 1st Sunday is a sea day and 2nd is in San Juan so we are taking her to church there and I'm sure she's going to love it (especially bc her native language is Spanish).
TY for the reply.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter