• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are there restaurants where you need more than 60+5 to comfortably book?

asgur5

Mouseketeer
Planning a 12 day visit but would like to do a split stay of 6 days at one resort and 6 at another. If we do the split stay are there some restaurants we may struggle to book? Or will most restaurants have reasonable availability with 60+5. We are in interested in doing a number of the popular restaurants like Space 220, CRT, Homecomin, Storybook Dining at Artists Point, Tiffins, california grill, Topolino Terrace (breakfast), Ogas Cantina, boathouse, Citricos

Which restaurants are the ones you have to book the absolute earliest?

Of the ones on your list Space 200 and California Grill would likely be the most difficult. Boathouse can be booked on Open Table and the window on this is earlier than Disney's. I don't believe Homecoming does reservations and have little experience on the others.

We were able to get Storybook Dining at Artists Point, Topolino Terrace (breakfast), and Ogas Cantina at 60+4 last week. We could not get Space 220 lounge at 60+4 although I think there was some availability for Space 220 restaurant.

Just keep in mind that with the many restaurants of interest to you, you will only be able to book a couple at +5. You will likely have trouble booking many of these at the +2 to +4 range.

I think breakfast at Topolino's might be a harder one. Our ADRs open Friday and we're going to try to book that one for 60+6.

I was able to get:
Ogas 60+2
Storybook 60+4
Space 220 60+5

I could have gotten Toppolinos at 60+6 but chose Tusker House instead.

Hope this helps.

Boathouse is 90 days on open table
I just looked this up on Open Table. I'm looking for table for 5 for lunch in late May. It says nothing is available. What am I doing wrong?

ETA: when I search for a party of 4, all kinds of times pop up! Can i reserve for 4 and then adjust it later for 5?

I just looked this up on Open Table. I'm looking for table for 5 for lunch in late May. It says nothing is available. What am I doing wrong?

ETA: when I search for a party of 4, all kinds of times pop up! Can i reserve for 4 and then adjust it later for 5?
I would reserve for 6 and then call Boathouse and tell them it wouldn’t allow 5?

I got a CRT breakfast at 60+4 this morning, but I was refreshing starting at 5:45am (it didn't come up till 6am). But there were a few slots available so hopefully they can grab one!

It looks like both OpenTable and The Boathouse website allow online reservations only up to 4. There’s a number to call on their website page (The Boathouse, not Disney). I would try it.

You can try MDE but I don’t think the Boathouse releases too many reservations to them. MDE will allow larger parties.

Instead of going straight to Open Table, I used the reservation widget on their website. Nothing was coming up on Open Table but all times came up using the widget, so maybe try that.

I only reserved for 2 people and their website states they take reservations for up to 6.

Space 200 Lounge is the hardest to get, so if you want that vs the restaurant, make that your first priority. Keep in mind you can only book up to a party of 4 for the Lounge. At least you have 2 chances by doing 2 6-night stays. Topolino breakfast would probably be the second I would try for.

Space 220 Lounge appears to be getting easier to get. In the fall we were only able to get an off time (3pm) at 60+8. Yesterday there was a choice of times at 60+5 (but 60+4 was fully booked).

I would think difficult would include: Sci Fi, Space 220 Lounge, and I would assume the Roundup BBQ (new at Studios), Toppilinos breakfast.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter