• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are They Kidding??? Some People!!!

Maybe it was for Diwali?

Rule of thumb here is out of respect not until after November 11th.
:thumbsup2Good point about Diwali. I also agree that it's very rare here to see full-on Christmas lights up before Remembrance Day.

I LOVE Christmas lights and with the past few years being downers people around here are not only doing it up for Christmas but for Halloween. We're talking fully decked out yards with blow up creatures and orange and purple lights. My kids love it. Bring them on early!

We were in Walmart today and my wife thought they had a lot of Halloween left on the shelf, until she realized it was all Christmas candy.

Before they moved, we had people around the corner who would begin putting together their extensive Christmas display as soon as Lowe’s put stuff out in September. They did not remove them until Easter! We call those the dark years because while their home drew people from near and far to drive by and view (think “Deck the Halls” movie), everyone else stopped putting up decor because we got sick of looking at it for 9 months of the year.

They moved a few years ago and now people decorate normal amounts. The weather has been nice, so we were thinking about putting up our lights soon but not turning them on for a few weeks.

I don't blame them for putting them up now if the weather was nice. I only hope they were just testing them out and aren't putting them on all the time.

I have a lot of neighbors from India so they put up Christmas lights for Diwali but I have one neighbor that keeps them up all year long. They've been up ever since they moved to the neighborhood about 3 years ago. The lights don't bother me but the fireworks do. My dogs are terrified of them and they often set them off until about 12-1 am for the past week or so.

Stores near me have basically forgotten that Halloween is tomorrow and it's all Christmas now. It's a little sad because I really do love Halloween time.

Reactions: shh
We have a neighbor who bought some fancy programmable lights on his house and they stay up all year round. They were programmed to be Green for St. Patricks Day. Orange for Halloween. Red White and Blue for July 4th, etc.

We have a neighbor who bought some fancy programmable lights on his house and they stay up all year round. They were programmed to be Green for St. Patricks Day. Orange for Halloween. Red White and Blue for July 4th, etc.
This is something I will more than likely do in a few years when I'm not housepoor. My wife would love to make me program something like this so it looks "pretty" without having to do any actual work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter