Are they out of the blue magic bands for hotel stays?

CJK

DIS Veteran
I went to customize our (free) magic bands, and noticed that there was no option to select the color blue. Is this because they're temporarily out of blue bands?

I believe so because apparently if you wanted to upgrade to the other bands, you also had to select any "free" bands for your party and I thought I read that they were all shipped together right away, as opposed to the "free' bands not being shipped until around 30 days before your trip.

I just now looked and all colors, including blue, were an option that I could select. I did have an issue a few days ago when I couldn't even select half the solid color bands, but I could leave the page and come back and the selection would change. I'd just keep trying... I doubt they're out of solid color bands, but MDE definitely seems a bit buggy in the MagicBand area.

Reactions: CJK
It let me pick blue today, but it gave me an error. I could dismiss the error and submit the order anyway, but then when I went back in, it showed active orders for the other members of my party and no orders for the person the blue had been assigned to. I wouldn't trust that it is available right now, even if it lets you pick it.

It let me pick blue today, but it gave me an error. I could dismiss the error and submit the order anyway, but then when I went back in, it showed active orders for the other members of my party and no orders for the person the blue had been assigned to. I wouldn't trust that it is available right now, even if it lets you pick it.
Honestly not sure I trust MDE at all at this point. I've had so many issues with it... They really need to do something about their IT. This system, as a whole, has way too many bugs for what it is.

Honestly not sure I trust MDE at all at this point. I've had so many issues with it... They really need to do something about their IT. This system, as a whole, has way too many bugs for what it is.

So agree....
I must have tried over a half dozen times last week to pick our colors including the blue for my youngest DD. I'd pick a color and then I'd get an error message. Finally by Thursday I was able to get everyone the color they wanted. The website is incredibly painful at times...ugh!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter