Are they shifting guests to different resorts?

I agree with most everything here.

It will be interesting to see if they have too many reservations relative to park capacity. If they do then they will have to start cancelling people who don’t want to be cancelled.
A resort reservation is no guarantee of a park reservation. I don’t think Disney will be cancelling resort stays just because there are more guests expected in the resorts than there are theme park reservation slots. A lot of people choose to have resort-only days or even complete stays without going to the parks.

I think it will be the opposite. Resort Guests who are unable to obtain, or are unhappy with, their selection of park reservations may choose to cancel their stays.

i dunno. I can see them not yet opening moe deluxe resorts - potentially any property where DVC is a separate building.
I meant if Disney is only going to one deluxe resort Yacht Club is likely.

Disney could close the wing building at CR. Close CR main building and BLT loses shops and dining. Closing floors and buildings at GF and POLY is possible.

I can see Disney closing some value and moderate resorts. Old policy would be free upgrades. Maybe Disney could find enough guests willing to pa a reasonable upgrade fee and get a few $$$

and sky liner resorts would be last to close.

That is a great poiint-I would think they would want their new "jewel" the Skyliner up and running and I wouldn't think they would want just the lines from Epcot to CBR to DHS running with no Skylinr Resorts open.

And Skyliner is the ULTIMATE form of Disney Transport for easy Social Distancing-one "Household group" per Gondola.

All-Stars could be in danger of closure especially if The 15s cancel which is EXTREMELY likely I would think.

That is a great poiint-I would think they would want their new "jewel" the Skyliner up and running and I wouldn't think they would want just the lines from Epcot to CBR to DHS running with no Skylinr Resorts open.

And Skyliner is the ULTIMATE form of Disney Transport for easy Social Distancing-one "Household group" per Gondola.

All-Stars could be in danger of closure especially if The 15s cancel which is EXTREMELY likely I would think.
Given the travel ban on a number of Latin America countries, I’d think that they are already cancelled.

Given the travel ban on a number of Latin America countries, I’d think that they are already cancelled.
I hadn't heard of any of The 15s being banned from travel except for Brazi,but it doesn't look good for any of them getting to come in July I would think.

I know many Guests don't like The 15s but I can't help but feel sad for them,much like our High School and College Seniors here missing out on so many lifetime memories,the trip to WDW for The 15s is literally something they plan,save and look forward to their whole life-it is that big to them.

I will never forget one time were were talking to a group of 15s and asked them how long they had been looking forward to this trip and one of them very emotionally said "Since I was born".

All I can say is if they do indeed not get to come in July-LOOK OUT if you are going to WDW in January and February!lol :)

Right. Travel ban on Brazil just started Tuesday, so it will very likely be in effect all summer.
Not all travel bans are imposed by the US. Some Latin American counties have their own travel bans in place which have cancelled all international flights and border crossings. Still more have imposed quarantines of up to a month on anyone traveling outside of the country.

We have reservations for 2 rooms at All Stars at the end of August. My daughter is cancelling her room as does not want to take kids down with less than full Disney experience ( i.e. character-princess meets for 5yo). The aunties are keeping our room at this time because travel agt told us all values are being upgraded to other resorts. We are going to wait and see what we are offered. I still might go.

We have reservations for 2 rooms at All Stars at the end of August. My daughter is cancelling her room as does not want to take kids down with less than full Disney experience ( i.e. character-princess meets for 5yo). The aunties are keeping our room at this time because travel agt told us all values are being upgraded to other resorts. We are going to wait and see what we are offered. I still might go.

my bet is all stars gets moved To pop. With skyline transportation to two parks I think pop/aoa stay open Unless they decide to not open skyliner (and it hasn’t been mentioned yet).

my money is on skyliner running and all values to pop/aoa.

my bet is all stars gets moved To pop. With skyline transportation to two parks I think pop/aoa stay open Unless they decide to not open skyliner (and it hasn’t been mentioned yet).

my money is on skyliner running and all values to pop/aoa.
Those was my thoughts, too. AllStars get walked to POP/AoA, POR/POFQ and CSR get walked to CBR or a deluxe resort. But it looks any resorts that don’t open at first are going to be walked to DVC resorts. So families could end up at SSR or OKW because they are the largest DVC resorts and will most likely have the most available rooms. AKV Kidani is also a strong possibility. And since much of Riviera is still owned by the developer, getting moved there is also pretty high on the list of possibilities.

Not all travel bans are imposed by the US. Some Latin American counties have their own travel bans in place which have cancelled all international flights and border crossings. Still more have imposed quarantines of up to a month on anyone traveling outside of the country.

Good to know.

Those was my thoughts, too. AllStars get walked to POP/AoA, POR/POFQ and CSR get walked to CBR or a deluxe resort. But it looks any resorts that don’t open at first are going to be walked to DVC resorts. So families could end up at SSR or OKW because they are the largest DVC resorts and will most likely have the most available rooms. AKV Kidani is also a strong possibility. And since much of Riviera is still owned by the developer, getting moved there is also pretty high on the list of possibilities.
DVC has announced they would be allocation all the available developer points to cover the lost points of its members over the past few months.

Your other thoughts make a lot of sense. The CSR also would open more space for NBA who don’t need the buses.

Some on Facebook are posting they are getting moved. One of them were staying at All Star Movies. Here is an email one of them got

That doesn;t make sense. With DVC being closed for so long there are more points then rooms in the actual DVC resorts. Now I could see being moved to the cash side of a DVC (contemporary not BLT for example) but not the actual DVC villas. Just not enough supply especially now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter