Are they shifting guests to different resorts?

We have a preferred room booked for the first half of our split stay coming up in Sept. I'm wonder how they would handle the "preferred room" status if/when we get moved. We paid extra for it because of mobility issues. Even if our room was really nice, I wouldn't be too happy with a room clear at the back end of a deluxe resort super far away from everything. The point was to be super close to the: dining, transportation, and pool options for those of us with mobility issues. I'm also hoping that they keep rooms together. We have 3 rooms booked in our group. Splitting up one of the families in the group would be very bad. So, I'm hoping that they see this as one reservation and move them all together instead of 3 individual rooms and split all over the place

We have a preferred room booked for the first half of our split stay coming up in Sept. I'm wonder how they would handle the "preferred room" status if/when we get moved. We paid extra for it because of mobility issues. Even if our room was really nice, I wouldn't be too happy with a room clear at the back end of a deluxe resort super far away from everything. The point was to be super close to the: dining, transportation, and pool options for those of us with mobility issues. I'm also hoping that they keep rooms together. We have 3 rooms booked in our group. Splitting up one of the families in the group would be very bad. So, I'm hoping that they see this as one reservation and move them all together instead of 3 individual rooms and split all over the place

When reservations opens back up, I would call WDW (or your TA) and request these reservations be linked together as a "travel with". Hopefully that will give whomever is changing resorts around and assigning rooms a heads up that you all need to stay together. I would also have requests such as "close to dining/transportation/pool" placed on the reservations - that way, even if you are moved, the room assigner still knows in what area of the resort you would prefer to be.

I'm also hoping that they keep rooms together. We have 3 rooms booked in our group. Splitting up one of the families in the group would be very bad.
That could just as easily happen with no changes to your resort. Families that must be together truly need to book a single unit, even if that's an offsite house.

That could just as easily happen with no changes to your resort. Families that must be together truly need to book a single unit, even if that's an offsite house.
Yes, but likelihood of booking a preferred room for all 3 at a value resort and being super far away from each other is slim. It's a whole other thing to be at 3 separate resorts! Being one floor or building away wasn't going to kill us. One part of a family being at AKL and the other part being at SS is definitely a problem on another level

request these reservations be linked together as a "travel with". Hopefully that will give whomever is changing resorts around and assigning rooms a heads up that you all need to stay together. I would also have requests such as "close to dining/transportation/pool" placed on the reservations
That is a lot of requests/needs. Disney will do its best, but the more individual requests - rooms together, near dining, near transportation, near pool(s) - the fewer available locations, so the harder it will be to grant the requests.

That is a lot of requests/needs. Disney will do its best, but the more individual requests - rooms together, near dining, near transportation, near pool(s) - the fewer available locations, so the harder it will be to grant the requests.

Which is why we paid for the portions that meant the most to us and only had to request "rooms together" after that

Which is why we paid for the portions that meant the most to us and only had to request "rooms together" after that
Let’s hope that your resort is open by the time you travel in Sept and there is no need to be moved to another resort. If you have already had “traveling with” noted in all 3 room reservations, that will go a long way toward being reassigned to the same resort in rooms that are as close together as possible. Being “near pools, transportation, and dining” in addition to getting 3 rooms together would be a tall order for a room assigner in average times. It might not be possible if you get moved to a large resort like OKW, SSR or AKV.

I currently have a July 11-15 room booked at CBR, and was told by my TA that we will be moved to a DVC room.

Do you think the upgrades will be free or chargeable?
I would suspect they'd try to move people to something comparable where they can. For example, if you're booked at a value, they would move you to one of the values remaining open in order to consolidate. Same for mods. I think upgrades are possible because they may not have enough rooms in each resort level, but I would expect them to be few and far between. And as PP mention, if they move you to a deluxe on their accord, you would not have to pay the difference.

I just received an email today confirming our August stay at Pop. And they also reduced our remaining balance by the 35% of the room portion of our bill as mentioned in the email we received last week.

I meant if Disney is only going to one deluxe resort Yacht Club is likely.

Disney could close the wing building at CR. Close CR main building and BLT loses shops and dining. Closing floors and buildings at GF and POLY is possible.

I can see Disney closing some value and moderate resorts. Old policy would be free upgrades. Maybe Disney could find enough guests willing to pa a reasonable upgrade fee and get a few $$$

If Disney moves someone due to the closed resort, they would IMO not be charging for the move.

WDW resorts, other than. DVC, have not been slated for opening yet

That is a great poiint-I would think they would want their new "jewel" the Skyliner up and running and I wouldn't think they would want just the lines from Epcot to CBR to DHS running with no Skylinr Resorts open.

And Skyliner is the ULTIMATE form of Disney Transport for easy Social Distancing-one "Household group" per Gondola.

All-Stars could be in danger of closure especially if The 15s cancel which is EXTREMELY likely I would think.

While RIV is a DVC, about 70% is still owned by Disney so a lot of thst resort will be available for cash stays, is opening June 22nd, and is on Skyliner,

If Disney needs to move guests because their resort is closed, this property could certain be a contender as DVC owners can only book 30% of the rooms.

That doesn;t make sense. With DVC being closed for so long there are more points then rooms in the actual DVC resorts. Now I could see being moved to the cash side of a DVC (contemporary not BLT for example) but not the actual DVC villas. Just not enough supply especially now.

RIV has a lot, and both AKL and Wilderness Lodge have DVC in them so have to open, but have hotel rooms too...just saying.

DVC has announced they would be allocation all the available developer points to cover the lost points of its members over the past few months.

Your other thoughts make a lot of sense. The CSR also would open more space for NBA who don’t need the buses.

I am not sure where you got that info but that is not true in any way.

oh if they also open up the cash hotels attached to dvcs then it likely works.

Correct..so, since those specific DVCs are all one building, IF they do indeed move people to open resorts, because theirs is closed vs canceling them,I believe these would be locigal moves...assuming it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter