Are they starting make a wish cruises again post covid?

monica9

DIS Veteran
My daughter just got her first meeting with her wish makers and her only wish is to go on a cruise with her friend. They told us right now they stopped cruises but not sure when they will restart. Does anyone have any ideas on if they will restart? She was so heartbroken when she heard the one wish was the one she couldn’t have.

I am sorry to hear that about your daughter's wish not being granted. I don't have any information, but please know that you and your family and your daughter will be in our prayers for comfort and healing.

So sorry your daughter is heartbroken that her wish isn't currently able to be granted. Did the wish granters say how long your daughter has to complete her wish? It may be long enough that your daughter could wait a bit to see if cruise wishes are reinstated. Also, rules vary by state, but unless things have changed in recent years, your daughter probably wouldn't be able to take a friend.

My daughter received a wish ten years ago, and her specific wish was rejected by our state even though other states allowed it. She was heartbroken too.

I hope it works out that your daughter is able to have her wish granted.

I'm sorry that she can't have her only wish, but honestly right now I don't see it changing any time soon. Covid is definitely still around on the ships - my best friend avoided getting it when her fiance had it a few months ago, but got it while on the Wish a couple of weeks ago (she tested every day for a week leading up to the cruise, worked from home the last 4 days prior, and was negative up until boarding). So it's definitely still around on ships - and with fewer and fewer people testing over sniffles and coughs, it's going to likely stay around on ships for a long time.

Because of the risks of complications with people who are already at-risk, I honestly don't blame the foundation for putting the kibosh on something that is far riskier than land-based trips and things. They don't want someone's wish to literally become their final days.

Thank you! She’s now excited to possibly go to Atlantis which seems like it has the exact same things she was hoping for in the cruise. But I read that MAW is granting cruises again in March 2024 and we can’t go on her MAW until august 2024 so we will see. I’m almost hoping for Atlantis because I think she will like it better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter