Are upgrades available upon request on embarkation day?

jourknee2master

Earning My Ears
I know previously there used to be the opportunity to go to your services and request if there would be any available upgrades at no are limited to cost, is it still happening?

I wonder this also. I would think that some rooms would become available as those who test positive for Covid will no longer be using the ones they had originally reserved. Might be later in the day to get those answers though.

I would think not. Room keys are left on the doors, you must board during your PAT time, rooms sealed prior to guest entry. Disney filling veramdahs first in case a ship is not allowed to port and must quarantine.

From the trip reports I read - someone recently asked for an upgrade at embarkation in Galveston. They were told no, check with guest services on board. Once on board - guest services told them they would text them if possible. They found out a couple hours later it was not possible.

On Dec 17 - I asked about an upgrade at embarkation and was told "no." I was not surprised. I think our sailing of the Wonder probably the most passengers on that ship since COVID. That is based on the state room category availability over time. The two weeks prior to our sailing had many more rooms available. And of course this week's Christmas cruise is probably even more occupied. But the weeks in January are offering 30% off.

I know previously there used to be the opportunity to go to your services and request if there would be any available upgrades at no are limited to cost, is it still happening?
Yes. The guests in front of me at Guest Services on my October Magic cruise were looking at upgrade options and debating about what to take. Upgrades are subject to availability, of course.

We upgraded at the end of October on the Magic. Check in didn’t know availability; once we boarded we asked guest services and they were able to complete the upgrade for us. From a 6A to 1bdr concierge

We upgraded at the end of October on the Magic. Check in didn’t know availability; once we boarded we asked guest services and they were able to complete the upgrade for us. From a 6A to 1bdr concierge

if you don’t mind me asking, what was the cost of the upgrade? I’ve always been curious to see what an upgrade to concierge would be on the day of!

if you don’t mind me asking, what was the cost of the upgrade? I’ve always been curious to see what an upgrade to concierge would be on the day of!
They base it off of current category - she actually pulled out a chart, found the category we were currently in on one side, looked at the category we were asking for at the top of the chart, and then found the cost. We were a family of 4, originally 6A and upgraded to a 1 bedroom concierge for $1,800. This was for a 3 night sailing on the Magic.

From the trip reports I read - someone recently asked for an upgrade at embarkation in Galveston. They were told no, check with guest services on board. Once on board - guest services told them they would text them if possible. They found out a couple hours later it was not possible.

On Dec 17 - I asked about an upgrade at embarkation and was told "no." I was not surprised. I think our sailing of the Wonder probably the most passengers on that ship since COVID. That is based on the state room category availability over time. The two weeks prior to our sailing had many more rooms available. And of course this week's Christmas cruise is probably even more occupied. But the weeks in January are offering 30% off.
This was my report. What an odd runaround it was. I think it doesn't just have to do with open rooms (as there were a ton) but stateroom host distribution and life boat distribution. Sort of frustrating since it feels like there are so many rooms "available."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter