Are Values Really That Bad for Deluxe People

Are Values Like Motel 6 for People Who Prefer Deluxe?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't exactly call us a deluxe family (at least not yet) but I will say that we will never stay at a value. The in you face, over the top themes are just too much for us. Combine that with smaller beds, room decor, resort lay out and food options and it's just not for us. We would honestly stay off site before we'd stay at a value.

But we truly enjoyed CSR last trip and I would suggest that if you wanted to stay at a more budget friendly resort because it felt kind of like a mini deluxe resort.

I voted yes. I have stayed at the values and 2 of the moderates and deluxe. We will NEVER go back to a moderate or value. We can only travel in the summer or on breaks when everyone else is on break. The values and mods are just too crowded. The foodcourts and pools are insane. We also spend alot of time at the resort and only a few days at the parks. We like the lobby and the inside corridors. I also feel that even though it is crowded the resort does not feel crowded, unlike POR. We also spend time on our balcony just relaxing. Maybe I would feel different if I could travel at a less crowded time, not sure Disney even has that anymore.

I do agree it just depends on what type of trip you want. Will you be spending time at your resort or parks all day. I guess if I was just doing parks from sun up to sun down, I could do a mod. Or maybe not.:rolleyes1

I voted yes, but I will say the values were better than I thought it would be. We stayed one night at POP before we moved to GF. Our POP room was clean and quite, we had a room over looking the lake and the view was great.

The resort itself was huge you had to walk a good 5-10 minutes to get any where and it was easy to get turned around in the buildings, and I feel I have a pretty good sense of direction. It was also very crowded with people. After being at the parks I think it is nice to get away from the crowds, but I think you may find it just as crowded back at a value.

We stayed at POFQ the year before and found that we preferred POP to POFQ. Our room at POP was cleaner and better maintained and we had a nicer view.

I think if you like to spend time at the resort to unwind you may be disappointed with a value.

I have never stayed at the values and seriously doubt I ever will why because I prefer the Hotel aspect of the Deluxe Resorts, I have stayed at POFQ and CSR , considered staying at POR this year but then opted for a shorter stay at AKL in a 1 bdrm villa since we really enjoyed our stay last year at OKW in a studio.
I like to have a balcony to relax on with my morning coffee or a drink in the evening not to mention access to TS restaurants.
My DS(was 28at the time) stayed at ASSports with his Dgf back in Jan/Feb 2008 and he said never again , he hated the food court, pool, buses, room size and layout of the resort, noisey and crowded and this was at a less busy time of the year, I can only imagine what it must be like when it is a busy travel period, :scared1:

I voted Yes due to the outside corridors and no TS restaurants, IMHO they are just a basic place to lay your head at night

The values are different but not bad. I have stayed at Pop many times and have enjoyed each trip just as much as I have when I stayed deluxe.

I voted yes - I just don't have any desire to stay in a value - has nothing to do with a feeling of being "too good" for them - it's just as many others have posted - the theming holds no appeal to me as well as the double beds, the small rooms, the outside corridors and so on. Just a preference.

We also spend a great deal of time at the resort because it is, after all, vacation and we like to relax and take it all in while we are on vacation. The deluxe resorts offer so much that allows us to do that.

I voted yes - I just don't have any desire to stay in a value - has nothing to do with a feeling of being "too good" for them - it's just as many others have posted - the theming holds no appeal to me as well as the double beds, the small rooms, the outside corridors and so on. Just a preference.

We also spend a great deal of time at the resort because it is, after all, vacation and we like to relax and take it all in while we are on vacation. The deluxe resorts offer so much that allows us to do that.

So you voted yes even though you've never stayed in a value? How does that work?

My wife and I are having a small debate. We are staying at AKV in December and I would like to plan a return trip for either February or May. We have always stayed Deluxe. I have read some various reports where people claim that the values are more like Motel 6 for those who are used to Deluxe accomodations. I am considering a value for budgeting reasons and so that we can sneak another trip in before a year passes by.

My question is really mostly directed at people who prefer and stay Deluxe. If you only stay value or even moderate, you would probably not have the same frame of reference.
TIA.

So you voted yes even though you've never stayed in a value? How does that work?

I voted Yes also and have never stayed at a value, OP was asking people who stay Deluxe their opinion of the values

Why would I have to stay at a value to determine that I have no desire to do so. The poll nor the post by the OP did not ask if I ever stayed in one.

Does that answer your question or would you like to further debate my opinion?

We have stayed at deluxes (GF, WL, the Poly, BW, and the Contemporary), CBR, and POP.

We have enjoyed all of the Disney Hotels. My personal favorites are the GF and the WL, but I also really enjoyed both CBR and POP. Our last trip (Aug. 09) was at POP (3rd time there), and it was just DH and I, and we had a great stay. The hotel was very clean and bright, CM's very accomodating, and, while crowded, it just added to the overall festive atmosphere. Pop actually ties with the GF for my DH's favorite, because, to him, it is pure Disney.

I don't think you can compare it to a Motel 6 except maybe for the rooms themselves. The theming is amazing and fun, and you won't find that at a chain motel. That said, if you don't like a lot of high energy and visual stimulation, and prefer something quieter and more relaxed, then probably it would not be for you. But we enjoy it for trips where we would rather not splurge on the hotel. (However, on one trip when we stayed at the GF with my parents, both in their 70's, we took them over to see POP, and they couldn't get out of there fast enough!!!)

But, we love it for certain stays! :thumbsup2

Why would I have to stay at a value to determine that I have no desire to do so. The poll nor the post by the OP did not ask if I ever stayed in one.

Does that answer your question or would you like to further debate my opinion?

Sure, I'll debate it.

You can't say that a value is a bad experience for deluxe people if you haven't stayed in one.

It might not appeal to you, personally, but since you haven't experienced it, you can't really comment on the experience. It is just conjecture on your part. :)

It all depends on what you are going for. If you want to hang out, eat, swim at your resort, then a value probably will not be fore you. If you are planning on spending a fair amount of time in the parks, DTD, shopping, and dining elsewhere then you will be ok. The values are fine if you are just using them as a place to sleep, much more than that you will probably be disappointed. We typically stay at WL, AKL, CR, but I love POR, POFQ, if we go for a short trip I would not hesitate to stay at one of the moderates. I personally do not enjoy the theming and the ambiance of the value resorts.

Sure, I'll debate it.

You can't say that a value is a bad experience for deluxe people if you haven't stayed in one.

It might not appeal to you, personally, but since you haven't experienced it, you can't really comment on the experience. It is just conjecture on your part. :)

Did you actually READ the question being asked OR my actual response - I never said anything about having any type of experience at a value - I only stated my "desire" and the features that aren't offered that I want in a hotel/resort. Looks like your just in the mood to be argumentative - since you cannot debate using factual information, I'm done responding to you.

We have stayed at POP, POR-Riverside, AK, Saratoga, WL-villas, and off-site. We are a family of 4 and sometimes 5 (my mom comes for 5 days and then leaves). This is what we think....We would stay at a Value if the choices were stay home or stay off-site. We like POP. The kids love the theme. However, the rooms are too small for us and we love a fridge.
We have often said we would stay at PoP for the entire 10 days if that was necessary.

We go to the parks every other day, so we really look forward to a resort like feel such as the WL and POR.

Have you ever considering renting DVC points? Renting points has allowed us to stay at AK and WL but still stay in budget.

I have never stayed at a value, but I sometimes price it out and think, what a savings, is it worth it? I also think the theming sounds entertaining for kids. Do little ones like the theming and are the pools nice?

I think I am more of a deluxe girl, but if all I could afford was value, I would never deny my DS a trip.

The OP did not ask if someone stayed at a value. Why are you singling out other posters when many have the same opinion? :sad2:

I have also only stayed at deluxe and wouldn't stay at a value because of the amenities offered.

The poll asked what you think of values if you only stayed at deluxe. Not your experience if you have stayed at both.

Depends. I've stayed in all three categories of resorts multiple times, and have absolutely loved every one of my Disney vacations. (BC, Poly, WL, CSR, CBR and Sports) I stayed deluxe as a child/teen/college student with my parents. In college with friends, I stayed value. I didn't miss deluxe on those trips - I was just excited to be paying my own way and getting to Disney on my own. After college, I moved to moderates. With kids, I moved back to deluxe.

It all depends on what is important to you in a vacation, your budget at the time and what you go in expecting. That's what I love about these boards- you can get lots of information, make a decision based on your own current situation and go in with realistic expectations.

We have stayed at all levels of resorts and I answered no. We like each resort for what they are and all are ways to get to the parks, which is reason for staying in the first place.

Okay, perhaps the OP is just looking for people who will say "YES they are terrible I've never stayed in one and never will." I don't know why that would be at all helpful though. Strange.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter