Are we crazy?

Praise2Him

DIS Veteran
DH & I are thinking about buying annual passes this summer. Our plan is to drive down to FW around the 3rd week of June with our pop-up. DH will fly back home after 4 days, leaving me and 3 kids (ages 16, 13, 11) for 3 weeks, then fly back for another few days before driving home.

Has anyone ever spent 3 weeks in a pop-up at FW in the middle of summer? (We do have air conditioning) Are we totally crazy for even thinking about this? Any hints or advice? Thanks!

We spent 10 days in our tent at FW a few years ago, and it still ranks as my favorite WDW resort experience (and we've stayed at several deluxes and moderates). We're going to spend 3 weeks tenting at FW this July (we're AP holders) and we can't wait!!!

The boat to the MK is absolutely wonderful -- my favorite part of the day! And it's so nice to come back to your tent after a hot day at the parks. FW is always about 10 degrees cooler than the parks, and being out in nature is so nice, at least to me. FW is so relaxing. I don't think you're nuts at all!

Oh, you'll have a great time! With some A/C for the evenings you will be quite comfortable and 3 weeks is just about long enough to enjoy!

89 days to go

That sounds like heaven! We are going to try for two weeks next year, but three would be better.

I've stayed there for 2 weeks in a pop-up with 6 other people and had a blast. The air conditioning is plenty to keep you from getting hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter