Are we crazy!?

kkrisland

Mouseketeer
We just booked a stay this afternoon starting tomorrow through Monday! It's a last minute trip since my husband is in the Navy and doesn't always know when he'll have time off. My daughter's 8th birthday is this weekend and we are so excited!! How are the crowds this week? We've never been during the summer when most schools are out, so I'm just wondering what to expect. Any info on crowd levels, etc. would be appreciated!!!

You are crazy and should be properly supervised. I will meet you there just be sure you aren't getting into any trouble!

Well, actually, have a great time, and thank your DH for serving, and you for supporting him!

You are crazy and should be properly supervised. I will meet you there just be sure you aren't getting into any trouble!

Well, actually, have a great time, and thank your DH for serving, and you for supporting him!

:rotfl:

Have a great time on your spur-of-the-moment trip! :wizard:

No you are not! I think it's wonderful and thank you for your husband for serviing your country! My only advice is on the days you have a full day there get there first thing in the am and take maybe a break in the afternoon/nap and going around dinner time back to the parks that are open later that way you avoid the heat and ride the headliners at the end of the night or first thing! Have a great time!!!!!!!!! And use fastpass when you can! Enjoy!!!!:cool1: Go to www.easywdw.com for crowd calendars for the upcoming days they tell you with description which parks will be the least crowded!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are just as crazy :rotfl:

We booked a last minute trip too about 4 weeks ago for this weekend. About as last minute as we can get since we fly and wanted to stay on our DVC points. Saw a fare sale (and had some Southwest credits burning a hole in our pocket) and was able to get a studio at Kidani. We have AP's so we just needed food! Still worked out cheaper than a weekend at the beach like we originally wanted to do. We'll be coming in late Friday and leaving Tuesday night, so maybe we'll se ya!

Okay this is what I found out for you on that website I gave
Tommorrow Most Recommended park is Epcot
followed by Animal Kingdom

Friday is Hollywood Studios

Saturday
Magic Kingdom is most recommended

Sunday
Looks like all 4 parks have good recommendations/crowd levels, but check out the website yourself!!!!!! I am excited for you!!!!:cool1:

If you're crazy, I want to live in your world! Have a great time :) Get to the park for RD, use fastpasses and as PP said, take a break in the middle of the day to cool off and recharge.
Thank you to your husband for all he does for our country.

Good for you!!!!:cheer2: :bday: to your DD!!!

Enjoy your family time and like others have said, we thank your husband for serving our country!
:flower3:

I love last minute trips, and I'm so excited for you to just get up and go like that. I don't think I could handle the heat or crowds at this time of year, but I would probably get up early each day and get as much done as possible before the crowds roll in.

I'm really hopeful about next week. I booked my trip only 30 days out-- almost unheard of to get a room at DVC-- and got all the dinner reservations I wanted at actual meal times, also only 30 days out.

I hope we all have a blast. Happy Birthday to DD.

No, you are most definitely not crazy! My parents took me on a last minute wdw trip when I was little and it still sticks out in my mind as my favorite trip of my entire life! Have a great time!

How fun! I wish I could be there to treat you and your husband to a Mickey Bar or Dole Whip as a small way to say, "Thank You" for your service. But since I can't, I will wish you much Pixie Dust! :wizard:

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and birthday wishes! I wish you could all be there! We are so excited and just happy to be going! We'll make the most of it - even with the heat and the crowds! And maybe some bad weather from Emily :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter